Sks Help Plz
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks Help Plz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 12:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sks Help Plz

I own a russian Sks and i had got a 30 round banna clip for it. And it preforms horibly jams everytime so i was just going to put the orginal 10 round mag in it but i can not find it. I did get an original clip from another sks and tried to put in but doesnt want to fit. so my question for anyone who is willing to help, where can i find a reliable clip that will simply not jam i really dont care about how many rounds it can hold. please any ones help would be greatly apprecaited

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2773 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 243

The Russian SKS's were built a little differently than the others. You would need a "magazine" specifically made for the Russian model. The fit and function of the aftermarket extended magazines is hit or miss. I have one on my Chinese model that works well.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #3

Default Got a russky 5 round if you want it.

I have a Russian 5 round that I changed out for a Russian 30. You can have it to get you back to shooting if you want. Just pay the mailing costs.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:40 PM   #4

so is what you are saying i should just keep buying magazines until i find a good working one? Because I def. would like a magazine that would hold more rounds but from what i have read is that all of them are horrible. IF SOME ONE COULD PLEASE FIND ME A LINK TO A RUSSIAN SKS MAGAZINE THAT WORKED FOR THEM IT WOULD BE A BIIIG HELP

And in response to you giving me that magazine i would appreciate that very much. I just hope that it fits mine beacuse i had a original mag from a Russian sks givin to me and it just wouldn't fit.

Last edited by Toxinx; 02-11-2009 at 12:20 AM.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #5

Default Yours if you want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxinx View Post
so is what you are saying i should just keep buying magazines until i find a good working one? Because I def. would like a magazine that would hold more rounds but from what i have read is that all of them are horrible. if some one could give me a link to a magazine they bought that had worked for their Russian sks that would be very helpful.

And in response to you giving me that magazine i would appreciate that very much. I just hope that it fits mine beacuse i had a original mag from a Russian sks givin to me and it just wouldn't fit.
PM me you address. I must have lucked out on the 30 round I got.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:02 AM   #6

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I've heard a lot about Tapco detachable mags but haven't tried them for myself. I've had several 30 rounders for my Yugo SKS, none of which work at all. I'm just gonna stick with stripper clips, you can reload and SKS pretty quick with them.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 02-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I have two 30 round clips for my norinco,one a metal one works great,the second one,plastic works very poorly. I just think they depend on how they were made as to whether they will work properly.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #8

i say put it back to a stock clip........... i have a yugo and have about 50 zipper clips........ has never failed me

Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #9

Default Same problem

I just bought a Yugo SKS and immediately wanted to get a detachable clip for it. I had been warned it could be a problem--guess they were right. However, if anyone else has some advise I'd like to hear it.
Flyinlion

Old 03-15-2009, 09:07 PM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlion View Post
I just bought a Yugo SKS and immediately wanted to get a detachable clip for it. I had been warned it could be a problem--guess they were right. However, if anyone else has some advise I'd like to hear it.
Flyinlion
when i bought my yugo it did not have a factory 10rd mag on it so i bought 6 tapco 20rd. mags.they work great except with 20 in it, it tends to jam on the first one but if you only put 19 in it works great.i also have a defective one that the spring in the mag is not as stiff and it jams on every shot.the down side is the tapco mags don't work with stripper clips ,so i'm trying to find a factory mag for it.