Sks help.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Sks help.

Hey everyone a long time ago I seen an ska that took ak47 magazines, I've been looking around for the adapter or mag well that it had but no luck , can someone tell me where to get the conversion kits or the name of a company that makes them? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2562 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Jcooley,

The conversion takes some grinding and some welding which is not for most people an easy task. You can also purchase a AK type magazine from Tapco or Matco that will fit your SKS that is like a AK Mag. Check them out on the Internet websites.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks for the reply grinding and welding no problem but I have 30 ak mags and some drum mags so I would like to get the conversion so I can use mags I already have

Old 02-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2738 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 231

The Chinese SKS-D and SKS-M versions took AK mags. I have never seen an adapter. Someone with some engineering experience could make a mint if they came up with one.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball