Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > SKS Cleaning Rod Problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SKS Cleaning Rod Problems

I have a run-of-the-mill Chinese SKS that came without a cleaning rod or bayonet. I bought a cleaning rod for it, but there doesn't seem to be any way for it to go into the forearm far enough to seat in its proper position. Were there commercial SKS models produced that did not have the provision for storing a cleaning rod, or am I just missing something?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-05-2007, 02:19 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default SKS Cleaning Rod Question?

Bronze/ALL

Hello RON L here = SERESURPLUS

I'll ask the Obvious question, are you sure the rod you got was for SKS? Remember the Russians as well as the Chinese Made cleaning rods for the AK, SKS, SVT-40, 91/30 and more? Is your stock a wood factory model or an after market Nylon? All those will effect the fit and feel of where the Cleaning rod is supposed to go?

If yours is the correct ROD Length, and the stock is the Factory Geraric one, No worries, it should slide right down and be held by the underpart of the Bayonette lug!If goes not far enough or too far, it's a mis=march for sure?

RON L

PS: Sorry, I can't be of more help, but without seeing it, I can't say a lot? Can you send Digital Pic perhaps we can look and see what the problem might be, the rod in the stock as far to normal as you can slide it?

Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #3

Take a look at my web site for information on cleaning rods. It will answer your questions.

Thanks,

YooperJ
visit my SKS Information
www.yooperj.com