Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   SKS Bullpup. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/sks-bullpup-51142/)

KidsWithGuns 11-04-2011 03:51 AM

SKS Bullpup.

2 Attachment(s)
Who wants to complain about not getting there kit from SG Works yet???

Attachment 34637

Attachment 34636

dragunovsks 11-04-2011 11:41 AM

You ordered that thing a year ago and you still havent got it, id be burning thier phone number up till i got it. Thats entirely unexceptable.

KidsWithGuns 11-04-2011 12:22 PM

They keep on saying they will ship them out as soon as soon as possible but they're behind schedule. The company is brand new in the the gun market and I guess they only have a couple of guys working to fullfill a preorder list before they can start sending to regular customers( me)

dragunovsks 11-04-2011 12:38 PM

If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back? Ive seen them before and think the bullpup config is a great idea, im lookin into getting a bullpup ak myself

KidsWithGuns 11-04-2011 04:22 PM

I think its a really good price 229.29
That includes a front tri rail system and a front hand grip, mag release and stock rail.

dragunovsks 11-04-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KidsWithGuns
I think its a really good price 229.29
That includes a front tri rail system and a front hand grip, mag release and stock rail.

Are u kidding me, thats cheap. The one i saw was 500. Is it a complete kit or a conversion kit?

KidsWithGuns 11-04-2011 07:35 PM

Just a conversion kit you would have to buy a sks but there's no modification needed to the sks to convert it to bullpup a lot of other kits out there you need a gunsmith to do

chevyforlife1972nova 11-04-2011 10:24 PM

Taking guns that were never made to be a bullpup and making them a bullpup is a joke in my opinion. There is no plus points but length you still have a standard charging handle 2 mess with and mags. I would buy a real bullpup if I wanted one and stopped all this conversion bs. The trigger on your sks will become trash and unreliable because you are using a cable or some other device to pull the original trigger. Plus my bud made by another kit melter after 150 rounds.

KidsWithGuns 11-04-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyforlife1972nova
Taking guns that were never made to be a bullpup and making them a bullpup is a joke in my opinion. There is no plus points but length you still have a standard charging handle 2 mess with and mags. I would buy a real bullpup if I wanted one and stopped all this conversion bs. The trigger on your sks will become trash and unreliable because you are using a cable or some other device to pull the original trigger. Plus my bud made by another kit melter after 150 rounds.

Ya I kinda agree with you but this kit was cheaper then buying a new gun. I have two sks and I don't mind messing with its design. I don't really like bullpup in the first place but this stock looks badass. And plus its just a sks I wouldn't take my M14 and make it in to a bullpup

dragunovsks 11-05-2011 12:58 AM

Well i wouldnt see a problem with it if you could change it back if you didnt like it. I got a yugo sks and one thing i dont like about it is the length.

Id still rather get a bullpup ak even though that sks stock does look badass

Plus id still have to use stripper clips cause ive bought 4 detachable mags for my sks and NONE of them worked, im not wasting any more cash on them.