Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Sks (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/sks-92276/)

rifleman77 06-14-2013 12:52 AM

Sks
 
A buddy is asking if $350 is a high price for a used Chinese sks. I remember yugo sks's going for $250 tops at the gun show a couple years back. And I've seen norinco's go for $500. I don't know anything about a Chinese sks or if it is a standard wood stock or new polymer with detachable mags.

Anybody think this is over priced in the current gun hating America we live in?

MattShlock 06-14-2013 12:57 AM

Maybe a little, these days.

beltor 06-14-2013 01:34 AM

The Yugo SKS is Selling for 550 hear in MI

rifleman77 06-14-2013 02:00 PM

Damn that's crazy. 4 years ago I bought a wasr 10 AK for $440 new. Now I see them for sale for $900. My only real question is what's the difference between Chinese Russian and Yugoslavia builds?

HankStone 06-14-2013 02:31 PM

I purchased my SKS Chinese 56 in the 1980s for $80.00,if I would have known how much the SKS would go up in price,I would have purchased an 18 wheeler full of them at that time.

PanBaccha 06-14-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman77 (Post 1275780)
A buddy is asking if $350 is a high price for a used Chinese sks. I remember yugo sks's going for $250 tops at the gun show a couple years back. And I've seen norinco's go for $500. I don't know anything about a Chinese sks or if it is a standard wood stock or new polymer with detachable mags.

Anybody think this is over priced in the current gun hating America we live in?

Tell your buddy in today's market $350 is a steal. If I were him I'd buy it in a second (of course after a bit of scrutiny to meet my expectations). ;)

rifleman77 06-14-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HankStone
I purchased my SKS Chinese 56 in the 1980s for $80.00,if I would have known how much the SKS would go up in price,I would have purchased an 18 wheeler full of them at that time.

Lol I was born in the 1980s. What did a mosin nagant go for back then $50?

primer1 06-14-2013 03:56 PM

Prices are dropping some. A friend just bought a norinco with a 30 rounder, original mag included, extra dust cover with scope mount, and 100 or so rounds of loose ammo for $325. I saw one for $300, but the bayonet lug was cut off.

therewolf 06-14-2013 04:09 PM

A buddy of mine got a good one, with a drop-dead clean stock,

unfired condition barrel, and matching serials for 525$, and I

would buy it from him for what he paid anytime...;)

rifleman77 06-14-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer1
Prices are dropping some. A friend just bought a norinco with a 30 rounder, original mag included, extra dust cover with scope mount, and 100 or so rounds of loose ammo for $325. I saw one for $300, but the bayonet lug was cut off.

Where did you find that deal?


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.