Sks? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Sks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Top choice is the Russian, followed by the chinese, Yugo is a long way toward last place in my book.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #12

Yugos are a lot more closer built to Russian specs than any of the others. My Yugo has a shiny bore and shoots very accurate. Ill keep my more rare Yugo M59 over some chinese SKS.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i have a mil chinese sks and it didnt come with the internal mag and had nothing but problems with the 30rd being to heavy falling down and causing the weapon to jam. even tried a few different kinds(i.e. plastic, metal) after getting the internal with the stripper clips it bacame a fun rifle. pretty accurate none the less. most of that has to do with the shooter and just getting familer with the weapon to. the sights can be a little tricky if you dont shoot the russian designs alot. i even got a GI sight that goes on the very back of the cover and that helped alot too. as for the stocks there are good ones out there but im not really a fan of tapco and really like the old school look. awesome weapon for learn how things work. simple always works well.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:20 PM   #14

Most of the 30 round mags you find for SKS rifles suck. The best is the factory 10 round mag. The only one that is not problematic is the SKS-D which uses AK mags

Old 08-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have had no real problems with the Tapco 20 round plastic duckbill mags, but i am using a Tapco stock.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

i like the internal one the best with the stripper clips(aka. mag. loaders)for the sks. mine never had a problem with a five round mag., but also never got to try a 20rd. the catch on the duckbill never would seat right. cool thing though is it only takes a minute to change that out anyway.

just saw the tapco stock too.. i bet that is why..lol
i had thought about getting one but just got another weapon instead.. how is it?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:23 AM   #17

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have Chinese M model that uses AK mags. It's been a good rifle. I used to have a scope on a bolt cover mount but it was not stable enough for me. I changed to a Tapco stock and put a holo sight on a mount on the upper hand guard and I seem to like it better.

The best way to SKS shop I've found is to look at what you can find available and rate them on an individual basis. The mil-surp rifles are hit and miss depending on what they have been through before you find them.Any one you can find in decent shape will shoot pretty well from my experience.I really don't think there is a holy grail SKS. The Chinese are usually less used or even new being you have them being made for sale here. But that does not mean you can't find an older one that will work well. My bigger reason for wanting one that used AK mags was I now have a couple rifles that can use the pile of mags I have laying around here

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson