Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Sks 20rd tapco magazine (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/sks-20rd-tapco-magazine-66211/)

Sal2111 06-11-2012 02:27 AM

Sks 20rd tapco magazine

Good evening everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to the Sks rifle. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with permanently attaching a Tapco 20 rd magazine and reloading using stripper clips. I apologize if this question has already been brought up in earlier forums.

P.s I forgot to mention using the original wood stock.

Big-Nasty 06-11-2012 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sal2111
Good evening everyone,
I am new to this forum and new to the Sks rifle. I was wondering if anyone has had luck with permanently attaching a Tapco 20 rd magazine and reloading using stripper clips. I apologize if this question has already been brought up in earlier forums.

P.s I forgot to mention using the original wood stock.

I don't have an SKS but my girlfriends dad has a 33 (I think) round mag on his. He told me the stripper clips didn't work with the bigger mag. He tried giving them all to me because he knew how much of a gun nut I was but I didn't want to take his stripper clips because he still had the original 10 round mag.

reb760 06-12-2012 02:24 AM

I've tried different mags on my norinko ad had nothing but trouble, your best to just leave the original 10rd mag in
It, the stripper clips feed real smooth in them, not so much with other mags. I have also had jamming issues with aftermarket mags. If you want 30+ round action get a sks sporter. Which takes standard AK mags or even better just get an AK47 and be done with it.

Rick1967 06-12-2012 02:31 AM

I have the 20 round Tapco mags. I have 2. They both work great. But I use them with the Tapco stock. They are supposed to work with the wood stock. But the stock must be modified. I have not tried it.

Josh1158 06-12-2012 02:50 AM

They should work. the wood stock might need to be cleared back a bit around the mag. Or if you have the orgnial stock it's the mag that needs alittle sanding

Bear304inc 06-12-2012 03:16 AM

Just installed a zeypher 30 round mag on my sks, needed no mod to the mag or wood stock. Just make sure the bolt is locked open,push the trigger housing release behind the trigger gaurd, lift trigger group up and out, same with the box mag, install trigger group then new mag, front(tab) first, then slide back end into place . I've seen a good youtube video explaining this better. My mag also came with a little loader tool to

Bear304inc 06-12-2012 03:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear304inc
Just installed a zeypher 30 round mag on my sks, needed no mod to the mag or wood stock. Just make sure the bolt is locked open,push the trigger housing release behind the trigger gaurd, lift trigger group up and out, same with the box mag, install trigger group then new mag, front(tab) first, then slide back end into place . I've seen a good youtube video explaining this better. My mag also came with a little loader tool to

Trying to load a pic.