Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > single stack to double

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default single stack to double

Is it possable and legal to convert an ak with the single stack to a double stack. Im new to aks and got an single stack and i was wondering if i was going to have to buy another or if i could convert this one. I thought i got a good deal on it but if it cant be converted then i think i got screwed i payed 249 for it. i hope some one has an answer for me thanks guys. Anthony

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2588 Times on 1361 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Yes. That is the short answer. How to do it? I do not know. I understand it takes a few minutes with a dremel. Ask at militaryfirearm.com or warrifles.com. I'm sure there are a few dozen folks over there that have done it.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #3

Thanks for the info i kinda figured that there would be a dremil that would come into play here. seems all my gun work involves them in some way or another lol thanks for the info. Anthony

Old 03-13-2008, 02:05 PM   #4

anyone else have any ideas on this has anyone else done this before? I ordered an thirty round mag i thinks its a promag and its polymer if im not mistaken. When i got the ak home and i dissasembaled it i could see why they are so dang reliable. and why rednecks like me love them they are so simple i think a monky could have put mine toghether (havent shot it yet maybe one did lol) but i think this is gonna be a lot of fun and maybe a great home defence wepon. thanks guys for letting me post here and giveing my some good responses. Anthony

Old 03-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herp_man2003 View Post
Is it possable and legal to convert an ak with the single stack to a double stack. Im new to aks and got an single stack and i was wondering if i was going to have to buy another or if i could convert this one. I thought i got a good deal on it but if it cant be converted then i think i got screwed i payed 249 for it. i hope some one has an answer for me thanks guys. Anthony
wow iv never herd of a single stack AK in any other state but Calli well 249 was a good price and as with modifying any weapon b Very Very careful as not to violate any laws would not want to see u get in any trouble

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress....
But then I repeat myself.
-Mark Twain

Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #6

some stores in ohio carry the single stack,

and that guy i think its to hot hahha a

Old 05-20-2009, 04:57 AM   #7

as long as you put enough american parts in it to keep it 922(r) compliant there shouldnt be a problem. american companies are the ones that make the single stack, low-cap versions into double stack, high-cap versions after the guns are imported as low-cap( and century does a horrible job at it, look at some of the other wasr-10's).

i believe you only need 5 parts to make it legal

U.S. made FCG(hammer, disconnector, trigger) (3)
Tapco furniture(made in usa of course, butt stock, pistol grip,hand gaurd) (3)
6 parts. legal. pistol grip and buttstock you can get way cheap (mine combined were like $60) but the hand gaurds a little more expensive depending on what you get.
i did it to my wasr 2 actually. its pretty simple, just take your time and go slow. grind it instead of cutting it. easier to check progress and make adjustments.

GunCentral.net - WASR Mag Conversion

thats the site i used for a guideline.

finished result