Score!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Score!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Score!

Today I helped my brother in-law clean out his recently deceased fathers house. While rummaging through the basement, I find a black garbage bag stuffed in the rafters. As I start to remove the bag from the rafters, I can instantly feel that inside the bag is at the very least a rifle stock. I dump the contents out on the floor and discover a Chinese SKS paratrooper, along with a bunch of spare parts. My brother in-law says he wants nothing to do with it and tells me "its yours if you want it"... didnt have to tell me twice.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2012, 12:09 AM   #2

Lucky! Clean, assemble and post a range report!

Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyPine
Lucky! Clean, assemble and post a range report!
I plan on it.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a chart or something similar to determine the year of this rifle?
I have another Chinese SKS and the serial number is much greater then this one. And mine is stamped on the receiver "made in China by Norinco" and this one is not. Id assume this may be a pre-ban model. But id like to be sure as so I can make it 922r compliant.

Si vis pacem, Para Bellum.
"If you want peace, Prepare for war"