Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Scope Mounting Options: SKS w/Dragunov Poly Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Scope Mounting Options: SKS w/Dragunov Poly Stock

Currently (As in, it ain't gonn'a run until I git 'er fixed) my Russki SKS has a dust cover-mounted 4X25 on a Leapers bracket. Or it did until today. This was my second outing with it, and it was a train wreck. Suffice to say that the replacement dust cover wasn't to spec, locked up the bolt carrier, and at some point my scope was compromised and now it's fogged. I would like to mount optics on this mofo which don't require 21 pieces of hardware (I counted them) simply to secure it. Anyway, my weak-tit eyes need some help, and I'm looking for some other way to see a couple hundred yards without something which is designed to beat the crap out of itself. Reinstalled the original dust cover and the action works like buttah.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #2

You will need a short scope about 4 in long, and an L shape bracket to go over the dust cover. I have the same problem and i and thinking about to mount a short handgun scope.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

You see with the long - standard rifle scope mouted on SKS you will not be able to use a loading strips. Scope will be on the way, and cover ablut 2 inch of the bolt. This is why I am looking for a shoter scope to mount on my SKS.