Saiga 7.62x39 what ammo does it like??

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Saiga 7.62x39 what ammo does it like??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Saiga 7.62x39 what ammo does it like??

I just bought a Saiga and was wondering if Tulammo is ok to run through it? What's the best ammo to use for this rifle? This is my first AK don't know much yet..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

That's one of the best things about AKs, they'll eat anything you feed them. I'm a fan of wolf but try a few and see what you like best, your AK will work just fine with whatever you put in it.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2694 Times on 1408 Posts
Likes Given: 216

AK's (Saigas) are made to eat the lousiest dirtiest crap. Tul, Wolf, Chicom, it all works

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

I have one and it eats Tula just fine.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

That's what I figured.. Thanx for the feedback guys can't wait to pick it up in a few days! Hey what do you guys think of the UTG side mount rail to put a red dot? Or should I just leave iron sights?

Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #6

Im not a big fan of the side mounts. I try to stay away from UTG stuff as well. I also dont like side mounts because you can't cowitness. Also, you have to take it off to disassemble the rifle, or so I've heard. I went with a Midwest Industries Saiga railed handguard so I could cowitness. I know mjkeat has a mount on his that replaces the rear sight and cuts down on weight. I dont remember what brand it is so maybe he'll chime in here. I like to be able to use my irons or my rds on my rifles without having to remove anything. Just my preference though.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia View Post
Im not a big fan of the side mounts. I try to stay away from UTG stuff as well. I also dont like side mounts because you can't cowitness. Also, you have to take it off to disassemble the rifle, or so I've heard. I went with a Midwest Industries Saiga railed handguard so I could cowitness. I know mjkeat has a mount on his that replaces the rear sight and cuts down on weight. I dont remember what brand it is so maybe he'll chime in here. I like to be able to use my irons or my rds on my rifles without having to remove anything. Just my preference though.
Correction - http://www.rsregulate.com/products.php - co-witnesses and doesn't require removal to clean.

The mount I have is made by M.I. It works great.

OP - avoid UTG

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Thanks I will check it out..

Old 04-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #9

Right on keat. I was told by someone that has that UTG side mount that they can't cowitness with it and that they have to remove it to disassemble. I incorrectly assumed that would be the case for all side mounts. Thanks for setting me straight.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:54 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

It's cool when the innovators get some acknowledgment. I have been following that mounts for some time, 1+ years if I remember correctly.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."