Saiga 7.62x39 high cap mag options?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Saiga 7.62x39 high cap mag options?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Saiga 7.62x39 high cap mag options?

What's the best dependable aftermarket high cap magazine options for this rifle? And some people say there Saiga works with regular Ak mags right out the box??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2012, 02:02 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm by no means an expert on AKs but after I researched the same question I went with Arsenal Circle Ten mags. I watched the drop tests on YouTube and after reading a lot on Bulgarian waffle patter circle tens, I ordered from cheaper than dirt. They are definitely pricey but I don't have any question these will function.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'll check those out..Have you tried out any of the Pro Mags?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

No they won't work out of the box... You need to either shave a bit of your mag release lever OR shave each mag individually.. I mean like 2mm or so... To much and u ruined the gun or mag cuz it will be too loose.

Then you need to get a bullet guide.. It sits inside jut under the barrel and before the mag... This will feed the bullet high enough to go into the chamber... Dinzag arms make the bullet guide and says to let the endow hang over but I shaves it flush with the rest of the gun and it works fine.. I can still use my saiga mags no problem since I did this....

I have a poor and quick vid on YouTube of what worked for me... Just search saiga bullet guide and look for my username... Hockeyjr1

Put a sign in your front yard that reads "Gun Free House" & see where the criminals go.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I personally haven't used them. A buddy runs them in his AR and has had zero problems. I opted for durability and the videos I watched an research I did sold me. I'm sure that for everyday plinking and even more adverse conditions they will do you good. I'm not operating in a combat zone but the drop tests done on these mags were informative. I don't plan on dropping the rifle but it was the worse case scenario that I could see myself in. Either way I would imagine they would serve you well.