Russian sks need help...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Russian sks need help...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Russian sks need help...

I got a russian sks when i was 13 years old and now 14 years later I want to know more about it. I have done some research on the net and cannot find anything. It states on the gun russian sks-45 KBI, INC HBG, PA. and it also has several locations with the same number of cm 9115. I do know that KBI, INC is the company that imported the rifle located in harrisburg pa but other than that I have no clue about the gun. It also has a small diamond located on the stock with a D in the middle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Daniel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #2

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own Yugo's and Chinese SKS rifle,there all pretty much the same as far as how they function and brake down for cleaning. There are subtle differences in appearance and some features from one country to another but all are based on the original Russian design. This sight will give you lots of info on the SKS rifles. Marking distinguish all kinds of things factory of production,if the rifle has been refurbished,some or just inspector marks and others are just a mystery.

Yooper John's Gun Information

Survivor's SKS Boards - Index

Old 12-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #3

Liked 718 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 743

Look on the receiver. You will find the date of manufacture and either a Star w/ an arrow inside(Tula) or a triangle w/ an arrow inside(Iszevsk). Pics of receiver and rifle would help.

Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #4

Survivor's SKS Boards - Index Has lots of information on the SKS

Also check

SurplusRifle.com

KGB
01FFL - $20 Transfers In Indianapolis Area.