Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Russian amnesty AK47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8596 Times on 3727 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Selling price for a LEGAL full auto AK 47 is around $19,000 to $22,000. Yes, that was thousand.

Go to Gunbroker.com (you need to be registered) and search closed auction. Class III, see what they have sold for. Bring backs from RVN were usually Chinese, and it is a Type 56 RIFLE (type 56 Carbine is the SKS)

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1662 Times on 1154 Posts
Likes Given: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Selling price for a LEGAL full auto AK 47 is around $19,000 to $22,000. Yes, that was thousand.

Go to Gunbroker.com (you need to be registered) and search closed auction. Class III, see what they have sold for. Bring backs from RVN were usually Chinese, and it is a Type 56 RIFLE (type 56 Carbine is the SKS)
The question was value not price. I know they sell for far more than their worth.

Old 10-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #13

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
The question was value not price. I know they sell for far more than their worth.
Well if they sell for 22k, then they're obviously at that value to someone. Like I said, if you value yours at 40 bucks, let's talk

Old 10-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Well if they sell for 22k, then they're obviously at that value to someone. Like I said, if you value yours at 40 bucks, let's talk
Alright. I'll rephrase. It is expensive but not a good value. Meaning, the rifle is utterly useless crap, inaccurate, wasteful, and dangerous to boot. This is an opinion. Fact is, there's a lot of money in it. If you mean value as what it sells for, you get no argument from me.

Old 10-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8596 Times on 3727 Posts
Likes Given: 1321

Merc-

Courts have frequently used the word value without any clear indication of whether it referred to value in use or market value. Generally, however, the courts and parties in civil actions are concerned with market value. Though courts may refer to salable value, actual value, fair value, reasonable value, and cash value, these terms are synonymous with market value.

Copy & paste from legal definitions of value. If you want to split hairs, you need a barber's license. A papered class III AK is worth that much because someone is willing to pay that much.

Why is that little chip of carbon attached to your lady's ring worth all those dollars? Because someone was willing to pay that. There are things I am won't buy because I don't like them- does not change what the value/worth of the item is.

What is a clunky, discontinued 150 year old revolver worth? Don't know- but do know I got to hold JEB Stuart's LeMat revolver once. Not a repro- the real McCoy. Value has many definitions.

I gave the OP the market price.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Merc-

Courts have frequently used the word value without any clear indication of whether it referred to value in use or market value. Generally, however, the courts and parties in civil actions are concerned with market value. Though courts may refer to salable value, actual value, fair value, reasonable value, and cash value, these terms are synonymous with market value.

Copy & paste from legal definitions of value. If you want to split hairs, you need a barber's license. A papered class III AK is worth that much because someone is willing to pay that much.

Why is that little chip of carbon attached to your lady's ring worth all those dollars? Because someone was willing to pay that. There are things I am won't buy because I don't like them- does not change what the value/worth of the item is.

What is a clunky, discontinued 150 year old revolver worth? Don't know- but do know I got to hold JEB Stuart's LeMat revolver once. Not a repro- the real McCoy. Value has many definitions.

I gave the OP the market price.
It is true that I was referring to consumer value, while the question was about market value. That said, look up "drama" in the dictionary.

Old 10-20-2013, 03:02 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 102 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The sad thing is one could get one on the black market for the price we pay for variants. Or less.