Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > RSA Adjustable Trigger for my SAR 3 5.56 AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default RSA Adjustable Trigger for my SAR 3 5.56 AK

Ok folks, I have installed RSA adjustable trigger in my SAR 3 5.56 AK. This is an adjustable trigger. I have not live fired it yet. This is the first time that I've installed a new trigger and/or FCG.

I'm not sure what to look for in the trigger pull that would cause me to adjust it. If I can avoid it, I'd rather not adjust it and mess with the Loctite. The manual looked somewhat complicated, or maybe I'm just being lazy.

Thanks for your help!

Here's the PDF of the instructions.

http://www.redstararms.com/uploads/RSA_trigger.pdf

Last edited by ARnoob; 11-01-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
Ok folks, I have installed RSA adjustable trigger in my SAR 3 5.56 AK. This is an adjustable trigger. I have not live fired it yet. This is the first time that I've installed a new trigger and/or FCG.

I'm not sure what to look for in the trigger pull that would cause me to adjust it. If I can avoid it, I'd rather not adjust it and mess with the Loctite. The manual looked somewhat complicated, or maybe I'm just being lazy.

Thanks for your help!

Here's the PDF of the instructions.

http://www.redstararms.com/uploads/RSA_trigger.pdf
Any udate on the new trigger?

Old 11-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default RSA Trigger Update

I was finally able to install and adjust my RSA trigger. I tested it out, but only did so with a couple of rounds. I need to take it out soon and test it again, now that the Loctite has set the adjustable screws.

I don't recall if the factory preset the trigger as a single or two stage. I followed the instructions (some indepth at that) to set it up as a single stage trigger. The instructions seem somewhat complicated, but the key is to read and understand what each part of the trigger does. Then you can adjust/tune the trigger to your liking.

It feels really nice, and most importantly, the hammer hit the firing pin correctly. This will save the pin from the kind of damage that the original incorrectly ground hammer was doing.

I'll post another video and report once I try it out again. Sorry, I didn't have better info.

Old 11-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARnoob View Post
I was finally able to install and adjust my RSA trigger. I tested it out, but only did so with a couple of rounds. I need to take it out soon and test it again, now that the Loctite has set the adjustable screws.

I don't recall if the factory preset the trigger as a single or two stage. I followed the instructions (some indepth at that) to set it up as a single stage trigger. The instructions seem somewhat complicated, but the key is to read and understand what each part of the trigger does. Then you can adjust/tune the trigger to your liking.

It feels really nice, and most importantly, the hammer hit the firing pin correctly. This will save the pin from the kind of damage that the original incorrectly ground hammer was doing.

I'll post another video and report once I try it out again. Sorry, I didn't have better info.
Thanks very much, I be looking forward to your next post.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
Thanks very much, I be looking forward to your next post.
My pleasure. I hope it helps.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I didn't get any footage of the trial run of my new RSA trigger because the battery in my camera died. I wasn't sure of what to expect after I installed and adjusted it, but I have to say that this trigger is NICE! And by nice, I mean the best trigger on of any AK that I've fired. I really like it and recomend it, especially if you have a SAR 3 that needs to have the correct FCG (hammer in particular).

I'll post a video the as soon as I can make one.