Romanian AK - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Romanian AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 01:14 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1187 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK View Post
Sorry. How much money is he selling it for?
We really can't help you until you give the selling price. You can buy a working WASR for around $400. I have a bad feeling about this "kit".
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 06-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #12

Likes Given: 1

$ 390 I think he gave 200 or so for the cut receiver gun. Then receiver and other parts ran him to 390. I looked at the gun today and the only thing its doing wrong now is failure to eject. It stove pipes and sometimes tries to push the spent round back into the chamber. could be a ejector problem of sort may be I dont know. Im wondering if the gas port in the barrel is open enough

Old 06-03-2012, 03:30 AM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I wondering why anyone would want to pay that kind of money for what has been described when, like Quentin said you can get a factory WASR for around $400.

Im betting I know the outcome of this. Guess we'll see.

Old 06-03-2012, 03:34 AM   #14

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJK
I wondering why anyone would want to pay that kind of money for what has been described when, like Quentin said you can get a factory WASR for around $400.

Im betting I know the outcome of this. Guess we'll see.
I agree completely, for a used WASR that you know has issues, that price is WAY out of line. Say no thanks and hold on to your money.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
If he has messed with a modified military trigger group that some of the Romanian models came with then you may be in luck. You could try dropping in as Tapco G2 trigger, these are actually quite nice and eliminate trigger slap and usually have a decent pull, travel and let-off. If the holes in the receiver are improperly located, then you may have problems, no matter what fire control group you use.
Good post:

I actually just got to shoot mine this weekend. First time ever shooting a gun at all lol. I did have my ex military buddy show me the proper way to handle them.

I think you will enjoy this particular AK. They are incredibly easy to disassemble with the right tools. Mine came with the Tapco G2 Trigger I believe. And if the receiver is messed as this post implies they are easy to find to replace and not all that expensive either.

But ya ear plugs are a necessity. When I went to shoot mine over the weekend didn't have ear plugs or anything as we went shooting at a friend's house who has a lot of land to work with. My buddy explained about using cigarette butts as ear plugs lol.... Yes it actually works. He said they would do this in the field in a crunch if they needed ear plugs.

These guns are a lot louder than people think who've never shot one before. My buddy explained the semi's are actually louder than the full autos. Not sure why. But they are quite a bit louder than a glock 22 I can tell you that much.

The recoil on these guns are barely even noticeable. I honestly couldn't even tell if it had a recoil. But, the muzzle raise is quite pronounced. Either way they are fun to shoot.

Bare in mind you can buy these Romanian M10's brand new for $600-$700. And they are made with all new parts. Keep that in mind when he starts talking about price.

I guess the difference would be as the OP stated it may have been an old military issue. So not sure how comparative it would be to mine.

Last edited by FlukeLSX; 06-11-2012 at 04:05 PM.