Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Romanian AK 47 WASR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessMarksman

Its definitely one of the best feelings you can experience.
So true. I had three new guns to shoot for the first time so it was a great day.

Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafebugout

So true. I had three new guns to shoot for the first time so it was a great day.
Three?! Congrats man. What'd you shoot?

Old 01-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #63

Quote:

Three?! Congrats man. What'd you shoot?
Yes sir! Besides my 10/63, I shot my newly squired ar-15 and my savage model 10 scout rifle. Where I live in Virginia, there are not alot of public outdoor gun ranges, so I have had a small collection piling up just waiting to be shot lol. Finally found a little known range out in the country and went out and burned through alot more ammo then I should've haha. If it wasn't for the blistering wind, I probably would've shot all the ammo I own haha

Old 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #64

Quote:

Yes sir! Besides my 10/63, I shot my newly squired ar-15 and my savage model 10 scout rifle. Where I live in Virginia, there are not alot of public outdoor gun ranges, so I have had a small collection piling up just waiting to be shot lol. Finally found a little known range out in the country and went out and burned through alot more ammo then I should've haha. If it wasn't for the blistering wind, I probably would've shot all the ammo I own haha
Ammo goes way too fast.. Way too fast. You like the scout model? I know savage is a good company

Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #65

Quote:

Ammo goes way too fast.. Way too fast. You like the scout model? I know savage is a good company
It performed very nicely at the range. It's recoil was amazingly low for a .308. The factory recoil pad it comes with is extremely comfortable to shoot with. It's basically like the Remington 700 tactical minus the bull barrel and with the ability to run it without a scope. (comes standard with a rear peep sight) But I was running it with a cheap BSA scope that performed well for its price. It's a very fun gun to shoot. I would definitely recommend it.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #66

Quote:

It performed very nicely at the range. It's recoil was amazingly low for a .308. The factory recoil pad it comes with is extremely comfortable to shoot with. It's basically like the Remington 700 tactical minus the bull barrel and with the ability to run it without a scope. (comes standard with a rear peep sight) But I was running it with a cheap BSA scope that performed well for its price. It's a very fun gun to shoot. I would definitely recommend it.
That's very nice to hear. I heard some good things about the rifle from many different sources, though it's better to hear feedback from actual people who own the rifle. Thanks, btw I didn't know it had built
In sights. That's a big plus for me.

Old 01-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #67

Quote:

That's very nice to hear. I heard some good things about the rifle from many different sources, though it's better to hear feedback from actual people who own the rifle. Thanks, btw I didn't know it had built
In sights. That's a big plus for me.
Yes the front sight is permanently staked but the rear peep can be removed and replaced with a one inch rail to place a scope mount. Glad I could be of assistance this has been my first time posting in the forums, so I'm glad I could help a fellow member out.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #68

I was looking at WASR'S also but ended up getting a converted Saiga from Classic Arms. It has a dimpled receiver, Tapco G2 trigger and the bullet guide is welded in place to accept standard AK magazines. I paid $479 which is cheaper than the WASR'S are locally. I haven't been to the range yet but I'm very satisfied with the quality.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #69

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchick View Post
I was looking at WASR'S also but ended up getting a converted Saiga from Classic Arms. It has a dimpled receiver, Tapco G2 trigger and the bullet guide is welded in place to accept standard AK magazines. I paid $479 which is cheaper than the WASR'S are locally. I haven't been to the range yet but I'm very satisfied with the quality.
Excellent!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:34 AM   #70

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan
It's amazing that in 2008-2009 you could get WASRs regularly at Dunhams for under $300.00. Now they have occasional sales - like Black Friday - for under $400.00.

When the ATF forced the imported guns to have "new barrels" as opposed to NOS mil-surp barrels, the prices started upwards.
In my local durams they are 400$ and they always have plenty in stock...but don't ask if they have a saiga because they won't no what u r talking about