Romanian AK 47 WASR10 - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Romanian AK 47 WASR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan

I am not a hunter, but have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds of Wolf HP thru my WASRs, SAIGA, Yugo AKM, Polski AKM, and SKS - no problems.
Thats actually the ammo they were talking about Wolf HP

Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100
And I know I already said I made up my mind that I was going to save up and get a arsenal saiga but mostly everbody that actualy owns the wasr 10 sound like they know what there talking about and if all im going to worry about is a little wobbly magazine to save half the money then what the hell why not (plus I get it sooner, like 3 months or so)
Hunter, the wobbly mag predicament can easily be solved by buying j.b weld and slightly piling it on the inner sides of the receiver where the standard AKM "dimples" should be. If you put too much on to the point that the mag has a hard time being inserted into the mag well the jb weld mixture can easily be sanded down to accommodate.. I did it w/ my wasr-10/63 and the wobble is insignificant to the point of almost non-existent.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #53

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100 View Post
And I know I already said I made up my mind that I was going to save up and get a arsenal saiga but mostly everbody that actualy owns the wasr 10 sound like they know what there talking about and if all im going to worry about is a little wobbly magazine to save half the money then what the hell why not (plus I get it sooner, like 3 months or so)
We could take money-savings and mag-wobble a step further....

Century sells/used to sell small numbers of their WASRs that are fully 922'd for compliancy with USA pistol grip, Tapco G2 trigger group, even Tapco piston - but - as single-stack low-caps. They did this for both WASR10s in 7.62x39 and WASR2s in 5.45x39.

I guess they do this for reasons of selling single-stack WASRs to ban-state wholesalers where hi-cap mags are forbidden.

Anyway, the Dunham's Sporting Goods chainstores here in the NE and MidWest tend to distribute these out to their stores.

Here in PA you might find a Dunhams selling these low-cap WASRs side by side with hi-cap WASRs - but for a lot less money - which makes no sense as PA allows hi-cap rifles!! (Dunhams distribution is wacky like that; one store may have a huge rifle selection while another has just a few...)

Sooo, since these low-cap WASRs are cheaper; if you have a Dremel and workspace where you can make a big mess; you can open up the mag-well yourself to reduce mag-wobble and save decent money at the same time.

Take it slow, test-fit the mags often (and try a couple different types; steel and Bulgy polymer for example) and clean the gun when done. Maybe plug the chamber end with a tight-fitting rag before you start as this makes a monster mess of ground metal.

Hi-capping...

Converitng WASR-10's from low to High, REPOSTED PICS 1-7-08 - AR15.COM

More Romy info...

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles

Old 01-12-2012, 06:30 PM   #54

Could only have a ten round mag here in ca

Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan

We could take money-savings and mag-wobble a step further....

Century sells/used to sell small numbers of their WASRs that are fully 922'd for compliancy with USA pistol grip, Tapco G2 trigger group, even Tapco piston - but - as single-stack low-caps. They did this for both WASR10s in 7.62x39 and WASR2s in 5.45x39.

I guess they do this for reasons of selling single-stack WASRs to ban-state wholesalers where hi-cap mags are forbidden.

Anyway, the Dunham's Sporting Goods chainstores here in the NE and MidWest tend to distribute these out to their stores.

Here in PA you might find a Dunhams selling these low-cap WASRs side by side with hi-cap WASRs - but for a lot less money - which makes no sense as PA allows hi-cap rifles!! (Dunhams distribution is wacky like that; one store may have a huge rifle selection while another has just a few...)

Sooo, since these low-cap WASRs are cheaper; if you have a Dremel and workspace where you can make a big mess; you can open up the mag-well yourself to reduce mag-wobble and save decent money at the same time.

Take it slow, test-fit the mags often (and try a couple different types; steel and Bulgy polymer for example) and clean the gun when done. Maybe plug the chamber end with a tight-fitting rag before you start as this makes a monster mess of ground metal.

Hi-capping...

Converitng WASR-10's from low to High, REPOSTED PICS 1-7-08 - AR15.COM

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huW2YewyDe8

More Romy info...

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles
Very interesting video

Old 01-13-2012, 05:17 AM   #56

To reduce the magazine on my wasr 10/63, I used a pair of vise grips set just ever so slight tighter then the width of my magazine well and squeezed the well little by little until I achieved my desired fit. I used a rag in between the vise grips and the receiver to prevent scratches. It worked totally perfect for me and has zero magazine wobble while still allowing the magazine to be removed and inserted freely. This also removed the risk of jb weld failing on you during use. Hope this helps! Thanks!

Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #57

Liked 60 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100 View Post
Dont believe every story u hear.... how accurate at 100 yards?
Accurate enough for me to put a 4X scope on mine. My 14 son was hitting gallon milk jugs at 100 yards with open/iron sights in 1-2 shots (benchrested) with mine.
I have decided to scope mine. I will take it to the range tomorrow. They are plenty accurate. I fired over 200 rounds from mine on the 1st visit with no failures of any kind.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafebugout
To reduce the magazine on my wasr 10/63, I used a pair of vise grips set just ever so slight tighter then the width of my magazine well and squeezed the well little by little until I achieved my desired fit. I used a rag in between the vise grips and the receiver to prevent scratches. It worked totally perfect for me and has zero magazine wobble while still allowing the magazine to be removed and inserted freely. This also removed the risk of jb weld failing on you during use. Hope this helps! Thanks!
I didn't even think of that.. Good idea

Old 01-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessMarksman

I didn't even think of that.. Good idea
Yeah I just took mine out for the first time today and didn't have a single hiccup. You gotta love shooting a new gun for the first time

Old 01-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafebugout

Yeah I just took mine out for the first time today and didn't have a single hiccup. You gotta love shooting a new gun for the first time
Its definitely one of the best feelings you can experience.