Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Romanian AK 47 WASR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Its pricey but i dont want to regret it on the long term.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Its pricey but i dont want to regret it on the long term.
Some on here would disagree with me, but if you have the money to get what you KNOW you'll be satisfied with...that's always the best route to take.

JMHO

Old 01-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 49

True! +1. Just follow your heart.. satissfy your own lust on guns

Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #44

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
True! +1. Just follow your heart.. satissfy your own lust on guns
Absolutely, man...absolutely!!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:22 PM   #45

Im just going to wait till the end of the year to get the arsenal

Old 01-10-2012, 10:35 PM   #46
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

Czechpoint - Product - Rifles - 7.62 x 39 mm - Sa vz. 58 Hi-Cap Sporter

Just to muddy the waters a bit more. If you have $800 or so for an AK-type rifle, check this one out. It is a bit different than an AK.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 01-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #47

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 692

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
Yes, get the WASR NOW, do not wait, get the AR later.

Since they are purely evil AKMs - they will be banned when Obummer is re-elected far faster than the USA-made ARs which provide USA JOBs (ironically most ARs are made in predominately anti-2A democraptic states !! ).

So - get a WASR now while you still can, get the AR or Mini-14 later.

WASRs are built on ALL NEW PARTS in Romania as parkerized, importable, low-cap/single-stack, thumb-hole "sporting rifles" complete with all NEW chrome-lined barrels - no more left-over AK barrels per ATF dictate.

Century Arms then subs various numbers of these sporty WASRs out to be re-built with new USA 922 parts - like Tapco G2 trigger group, USA-pistol grip, Tapco piston, USA slant-brake, maybe USA poly-furniture or old Romy wood - so that they can be made up to look like the pure evil unimportable AKMs that they fundamentally are.

It is the quality of the work that these Century subcontracters do, that gives WASRs (and other Century guns like their CETMEs and C93s and C15s and on and on) their bad reps... In particularly the hasty way they hog out the mag-wells to hi-cap the single-stack WASRs resulting in harmless but annoying mag wobble. If you or I were to hi-cap a single-stack WASR, we would take our time and be careful, test fitting various mags as we go. Instead, Century's subcontracters work with carless speed so they can get more done - and so get paid faster by Century Arms. Crap work.

Anyway, WASRs shoot and act just like ANY other AKM I own; boutique all-matching Polski, Century Yugo M70AB2, PolyTech fixed stock, SAIGA. No need to spend more on a first AKM when a WASR will do just fine.

"Canted" front sight or the gas-block is the result of some wrinkly-old baboushka'd stutta-bubba on the Ratmil assembly line not making sure the sights and or gas-block are truly at a 90degrees to the centerine of the barrel. Fortunately these are easy fixes and Century stands behind their WASRs.
I have to again agree with Nfafan! Excellent information above on the WASR. I've had mine five years and still no issues, it just gobbles up mag after mag of everything including surplus 7.62x39. It is a 10/63 but an early one that was in the supply channel when the 2004 ban was still in effect. So it didn't have a slant brake or bayonet lug. I did cut off the muzzle nut and screwed on a flash hider but never bothered with the bayonet. The sights and gas tube were straight and the magwell was ok.

I wouldn't be worried buying a WASR but it is nice to pick it out in person. Normally today the canted sights and buggered up magwells aren't a problem so most people who buy sight unseen online do all right. Saigas are a good deal too but you have to convert them if you want to use standard AK mags, move the trigger and add a pistol grip. Arsenals are good but are they worth twice as much as a WASR or Arsenal? Your call on that.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:06 PM   #48

Would 7.62x39 ball point bullets be good for hog hunting? Because I heard on another forum that they were made to shoot ball point and hollow point sometimes jams not that it really matter im not going to sprayingthe hog or anything

Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #49

And I know I already said I made up my mind that I was going to save up and get a arsenal saiga but mostly everbody that actualy owns the wasr 10 sound like they know what there talking about and if all im going to worry about is a little wobbly magazine to save half the money then what the hell why not (plus I get it sooner, like 3 months or so)

Old 01-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #50

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100 View Post
Would 7.62x39 ball point bullets be good for hog hunting? Because I heard on another forum that they were made to shoot ball point and hollow point sometimes jams not that it really matter im not going to sprayingthe hog or anything
I am not a hunter, but have shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds of Wolf HP thru my WASRs, SAIGA, Yugo AKM, Polski AKM, and SKS - no problems. I didn't even notice it was HP at first as the Wolf does not have a huge hole in the end of the round.

Last edited by nfafan; 01-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.