Romanian AK 47 WASR10 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Romanian AK 47 WASR10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

I had safety glasses. Not that I wore them either. Maybe we should though.
It might not be a bad idea. I've got prescriptions though, they've always been enough.
I thought he was hit in the face with a ricochet though because it happened so fast.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #32

Guys I just want a yes or a no on if this ak 47 is suggested or I should save up for a ar 15 or even this uzi pistol ive been looking at

Old 01-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #33

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter100
Guys I just wan a yes or a no on if this ak 47 is suggested or I should save up for a ar 15 or even this uzi pistol ive been looking at
That's a very personal decision that you will have to make. Like I said before, my little wasr10 is all and more I expected it to be. Wood is rough, but paint don't make a tractor pull either. One day I'll take it off and sand it.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #34

Yes they are good rifles just inspect it make sure it function perfectly and that your happy with the way it does. And you cant go wrong ....here is mine

forumrunner_20120108_175630.jpg

Old 01-09-2012, 03:06 AM   #35

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yes, get the WASR NOW, do not wait, get the AR later.

Since they are purely evil AKMs - they will be banned when Obummer is re-elected far faster than the USA-made ARs which provide USA JOBs (ironically most ARs are made in predominately anti-2A democraptic states !! ).

So - get a WASR now while you still can, get the AR or Mini-14 later.

WASRs are built on ALL NEW PARTS in Romania as parkerized, importable, low-cap/single-stack, thumb-hole "sporting rifles" complete with all NEW chrome-lined barrels - no more left-over AK barrels per ATF dictate.

Century Arms then subs various numbers of these sporty WASRs out to be re-built with new USA 922 parts - like Tapco G2 trigger group, USA-pistol grip, Tapco piston, USA slant-brake, maybe USA poly-furniture or old Romy wood - so that they can be made up to look like the pure evil unimportable AKMs that they fundamentally are.

It is the quality of the work that these Century subcontracters do, that gives WASRs (and other Century guns like their CETMEs and C93s and C15s and on and on) their bad reps... In particularly the hasty way they hog out the mag-wells to hi-cap the single-stack WASRs resulting in harmless but annoying mag wobble. If you or I were to hi-cap a single-stack WASR, we would take our time and be careful, test fitting various mags as we go. Instead, Century's subcontracters work with carless speed so they can get more done - and so get paid faster by Century Arms. Crap work.

Anyway, WASRs shoot and act just like ANY other AKM I own; boutique all-matching Polski, Century Yugo M70AB2, PolyTech fixed stock, SAIGA. No need to spend more on a first AKM when a WASR will do just fine.

"Canted" front sight or the gas-block is the result of some wrinkly-old baboushka'd stutta-bubba on the Ratmil assembly line not making sure the sights and or gas-block are truly at a 90degrees to the centerine of the barrel. Fortunately these are easy fixes and Century stands behind their WASRs.

Last edited by nfafan; 01-09-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan
Yes, get the WASR NOW, do not wait, get the AR later.

Since they are purely evil AKMs - they will be banned when Obummer is re-elected far faster than the USA-made ARs which provide USA JOBs (ironically most ARs are made in predominately anti-2A democraptic states !! ).

So - get a WASR now while you still can, get the AR or Mini-14 later.

WASRs are built on ALL NEW PARTS in Romania as parkerized, importable, low-cap/single-stack, thumb-hole "sporting rifles" complete with all NEW chrome-lined barrels - no more left-over AK barrels per ATF dictate.

Century Arms then subs various numbers of these sporty WASRs out to be re-built with new USA 922 parts - like Tapco G2 trigger group, USA-pistol grip, Tapco piston, USA slant-brake, maybe USA poly-furniture or old Romy wood - so that they can be made up to look like the pure evil unimportable AKMs that they fundamentally are.

It is the quality of the work that these Century subcontracters do, that gives WASRs (and other Century guns like their CETMEs and C93s and C15s and on and on) their bad reps... In particularly the hasty way they hog out the mag-wells to hi-cap the single-stack WASRs resulting in harmless but annoying mag wobble. If you or I were to hi-cap a single-stack WASR, we would take our time and be careful, test fitting various mags as we go. Instead, Century's subcontracters work with carless speed so they can get more done - and so get paid faster by Century Arms. Crap work.

Anyway, WASRs shoot and act just like ANY other AKM I own; boutique all-matching Polski, Century Yugo M70AB2, PolyTech fixed stock, SAIGA. No need to spend more on a first AKM when a WASR will do just fine.

"Canted" front sight or the gas-block is the result of some wrinkly-old baboushka'd stutta-bubba on the Ratmil assembly line not making sure the sights and or gas-block are truly at a 90degrees to the centerine of the barrel. Fortunately these are easy fixes and Century stands behind their WASRs.
After they get banned it will still be legal to own one? And whats the real chances of it even happening? And also how do I get wood furniture for it how much does it cost?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:38 AM   #37

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Tapco actually makes affordable 100% USA AK wood sets, so it even helps with 922. See here:

As for future bans; I just don't see the Republicans being able to beat Obummer with the current crop of candidates they have.

Even so, Newt and Romney both have solid anti-gun records behind them, and Paul is effectively a cartoon in terms of national appeal. And folks hate Santorum like he was Bin Laden - had no idea the gay voting block was as large as it apparently is...

Whatever; the Republicans holding office are so out of touch with the people, they just don't get it that the vast majority of us out here are not Kardashian-rich or corporate C-levels benefiting from their corporate cronyism.

Once re-elected, Obummer may be emboldened to try some anti-2A crap.

If he does, we will keep what we already have just as with all past bans (89 and 94), but suffer for anything new on an affordability scale. The current supply of evil guns in the market will be the "new pre-bans".

Old 01-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Cancelled my CIA Wasr AK47 order from budsgunshop yesterday. Got restocked and shipping fee total of $70. I changed my mind, i wanted to get the Arsenal Saiga instead. Rather lossing money abit rather than losing the whole $500 getting the CIA. Might as well add up some for the best or better one right.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
Cancelled my CIA Wasr AK47 order from budsgunshop yesterday. Got restocked and shipping fee total of $70. I changed my mind, i wanted to get the Arsenal Saiga instead. Rather lossing money abit rather than losing the whole $500 getting the CIA. Might as well add up some for the best or better one right.
How much is the arsenal saiga?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 71

$777 if im not mistaken from budsgunshop. Included the 3% non cash payment, $8 insurance & shipping. The CIA which i ordered was $508 out of door.