Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Returned my WASR 10/63

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah in her name she's my wife. What's mine is hers and hers is mine. Is that too traditional for you?

Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteydale23
Yeah in her name she's my wife. What's mine is hers and hers is mine. Is that too traditional for you?
I'm sure he was asking how was she legally able to pick up the gun since you live in CA? I live in CA as well and I was unaware your spouse could pick up your rifle from an FFL dealer.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 AM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Sounded to me like she want to the shop and did all the paperwork So she was picking up her gun as far as the law is concerned.
Being he gave the mine is hers etc that was my take o nit anyway. I don't live in cali so I don't know if they would call that a straw purchase being they are married and all. But you cali members might be able to clear that up.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A straw purchase is buying a firearm for someone who is unable own a firearm. I am able. I work agriculture so at the time I was working 15/hrs a day 7/days a week. I wanted an ak and sent my wife to get it. I don't really care what our oppressive government thinks of it and don't care. The 2A is the 2A. Luckily for me my FFL is awesome and does there best to help us behind enemy lines.

Old 11-19-2013, 07:35 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
A straw purchase is buying a firearm for someone who is unable own a firearm. I am able. I work agriculture so at the time I was working 15/hrs a day 7/days a week. I wanted an ak and sent my wife to get it. I don't really care what our oppressive government thinks of it and don't care. The 2A is the 2A. Luckily for me my FFL is awesome and does there best to help us behind enemy lines.
lol that's what I thought. It's all good though because I hate the nonsense we gun owners in CA go through. 10 day wait periods, bullet buttons, mag limits, BS here and BS there. That's Commifornia's gun laws for ya.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

+1 to that brother. I don't know if you know this but there still are some good FFL's in CA that help find a way through the BS and can still sell you off roster guns with "magazine parts kits". If you haven't already found one you should look there out there. It's a good way of sticking it to em and playing there stupid BS games right back lol!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
+1 to that brother. I don't know if you know this but there still are some good FFL's in CA that help find a way through the BS and can still sell you off roster guns with "magazine parts kits". If you haven't already found one you should look there out there. It's a good way of sticking it to em and playing there stupid BS games right back lol!
My local FFL dealers are just the same. When I bought my WASR a few years ago it came with a 10 round Tapco mag and 2 steel 30 round "rebuild kits". They would always give me the option to buy rebuild kits for all my firearms.

Last edited by gwot_veteran88; 11-21-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Old 11-24-2013, 05:03 AM   #18

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've sent one WASR on my own back to Cent on my dime with an RMA. Asked nicely if they'd toss in a few extra mags. Nope.
They did fix it however and shipped it to my door, but I live in PA so this was fully legal.

We don't have commie laws in PA - simply the most corrupt and expensive state .gov in the entire Western Hemisphere. Zimbabwe, Chicago, and New Jersey have all sent their elected and unelected officials to PA to learn how to be corrupt.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.