Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Replacing my AK47's Stock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default Replacing my AK47's Stock

Just wanted to report on the replacement stock I got for my AK. I went with the Tapco T6. Yes, I know...this is not a rugged stock that I would want to have if the AK was going into a combat theater, but.... for range use/fun...for $40...good enough, as far as I'm concerned.

This stock completely corrected the length of pull issue I have with AKs. Removing the stock that came with the WASR 10/63 involved removing two screws then leveraging a large screw driver into the receiver and pushing it off.

Got the stock via Amazon.com

I did not use the little tiny screws supplied by Tapco, but instead drilled starter holes, with the supplied bit from Tapco and used the much longer/stronger original screws, had to use a power drill with a phillips head bit to get the necessary torque to get the screw countersunk, the front most one particularly, so that the spring and guide rod would go back into their original position.

Here are pics of the results:

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #2

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I've found Amazon is a great place to get books and Contour cameras.

Is combat a prerequisite for quality?

Old 07-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #3

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Mike...not sure what you mean.

But....yes, the Tapco stock is not a great choice if your use of the AK is to engage in combat in a theater of operations.

But, if you are looking for a cheap way to dump the ridiculously short length of pull that comes stock on every WASR made since...forever...this is a good choice.

Have a nice day.