Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Regarding the Ban of the Chinese AK'S

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 04:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

^ sent you a PM with some info.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #22

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krinkbusta View Post
<snip>

I have several Chinese AKs... The top one in the attached pic is a Mak90 that was debanned with Bulgarian Parts. The lower is a Mak bebanned with true Chinese AKM FSB and GB.

<snip>
Here is my neutered FSB on my PolyTech AKS762 "SP"... They cut/ground the underfolder spike bayo off at the port before the wholesaler (Kengs) got it. No way will I try and de-ban this; have enough rifles bayo-capable already so its absence no big deal. Notice the chromed followers on the 3 flat-backs.

And the "PolyTech" script; on many PolyTechs the lettering was stylish and IIRC, italicized. This is not, just plain....

Old 10-31-2011, 06:12 AM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default I want it

Very Nice that is what i am looking for exactly.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:05 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a norinco mak 90 and just thought it was just another ak guess ill be holding onto it ....thanks for the info

Old 11-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is mine

Name:  ForumRunner_20111102_221218.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  21.1 KB

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by macon17 View Post
I have a norinco mak 90 and just thought it was just another ak guess ill be holding onto it ....thanks for the info
Absolutely hang on to it! With the Obiwanobama the likely winner, you'll be glad to have any AK in the safe.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 PM   #27

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Pre ban Chicom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
True that; back then we didn't have SAIGAs and Reagan was knocking on the Iron Curtain.

The absolute closest we could get to a true USSR-made AKM-47 were the Steyr-imported Egyptian MAADIs.
Made in a Russian-built factory on Russian machines by Russian-trained techs, these were stamped guns with WASR-like finishes, and the bulged lower handguards so "mandatory" for the the AKM look. Affordable too.

Further up the "AK" ladder in price, fit, finish were the VALMETs with their own unique tweaks, then the Yugos and the Action Arms IMI Galils - derived from VALMETs.

The Kassner Hungarian FEGs were nicely done, but still more than the CHICOM PolyTechs and Norincos.

The PolyTechs that Kengs Firearms imported were the nicest-finished of the Chinese guns over the Norincos, B-West, other import companies - all of which were the cheapest of the "AK" styles, even below the MAADIs.

Good times back then, back before the BATF usurped the 2A and were made arbiters of "sporting uses".

As for Canada - they didn't seem to have an "SBR" or "AOW" law as some company up there called "SMG International" makes several models of semi-auto STENs with low-cap mags.
Hi nfafan, i was told that the chinese helped the yugo's set up for their AK, thats why they also have the 1.5 mil receiver. Not sure if they have a heavy barrel also I have a NHM-91 and love 20" heavy barrel, accurate and reliable. It just happened to come along $450 i had to buy it. It's not for everyone, because it's heavier and a long barrel.I was originally looking for a yugo, or bulg. After shooting it and the smooth double hook trigger i wouldn't want anything else. You seem to have alot of knowledge about the AK's. Thanks for the good post...

Old 12-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #28

Liked 2184 Times on 1253 Posts
Likes Given: 1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
The Ban has to do w/ the PLA. They want you to die, pretty simple. In the late 1980's a document was "uncovered" that showed a Chinese plan to wipe us out and use N. America to feed the population of China. The PLA was at the heart of the plan. No Nukes, just overwelm and enslave. Norinco is run by the PLA as are all the Chinese arsenals. Here is a later article.
Bush Ban on Chinese Imports
Bring 'em on, the gators down here have been looking somewhat

underfed, as of late, and I'm given to understand they

LOVE Chinese food...

Old 12-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #29

Yeh, no doubt that the Chinese ban is a double-edge sword.

Hurts us consumers of cheap/plentiful CHICOM guns, ammo - but; the Red Chinese are still RED, and they continue to go to great lengths to subvert us and our allies at any opportunity.

Anything from hacking and disruptions to the information backbone, to undermining our currency and banking, to supplying our "enemies" and fermenting dissent. To include attempting to arm LA street-gangs with selective-fire AKMs when the Klintonistas caught them red-handed. Pun intended.

Their PLA's grip on China is analogous to Tojo's war-mongers grip on Japan in the 30's.

Can't understand why, because as our nation slides and economy craps - so is theirs, but no one ever said the Maoists were rocket-scientists.

I miss the low prices, but the ingenuity of US mfgs to create quality AK recvrs and 922-parts to jump-start the whole domestic "AK parts rifle" industry - is ultimately better for the USA.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #30

Liked 622 Times on 427 Posts
Likes Given: 613

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Bring 'em on, the gators down here have been looking somewhat

underfed, as of late, and I'm given to understand they

LOVE Chinese food...
The other white meat! I may head down to your neck of the woods in a year or so for some Pig hunting. We need to get together!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.