Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

what i would buy is a real SVD in 7.62x54R

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

ok no one else has brought up the fact that the AK design was not meant to be really accurate in single fire mode, the hole gun was meant to be fully automatic. Saga has produced some rifles that shoot fairly accurate but whens the last time anyone took one out and shot at 1000 yards with it. I kind of like the show it kills time, but sometimes they just make things that don't really have a point like the tri m16, cool idea but no real use.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 07-22-2011, 06:32 PM   #23

Liked 702 Times on 482 Posts
Likes Given: 720

I found it less then amusing that the owner could not say Chrysanthemum. They also had problems getting ammo. I could go down the street and pick up a box right now. Then they make a big deal about a low velosity round. It's an Arisaka, not a .577 Snyder.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:20 PM   #24

The show seems fine to me. Its interesting enough watch IMO. If I had that money and those permits id do crazy stuff and blow stuff up all the time too. Why not? Haters will hate like always.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #25

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

When they shot the first group at 100 yards it came up on the screen and said 100 yards. When they went up in the tower it never said they were at 1000 yards. I think there are more accurate 7.62 NATO semi rifles out there from the factory and they are a lot cheaper than what they would sell it for.

And it looked like to me that the "sniper" missed a shot or two at the so called "1000" range? Anybody else notice any of this stuff or am I just really hating on this show more than the rest of you.

And yes, I do watch it...but it is to make myself feel smarter and to kill time untill the Deadliest Warrior comes on

Old 07-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #26

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bools View Post
The show seems fine to me. Its interesting enough watch IMO. If I had that money and those permits id do crazy stuff and blow stuff up all the time too. Why not? Haters will hate like always.
This show is stupid. They all dress like a bunch of effing douchebags. Sweat pants and tattered old teeshirts. The dude that runs the place is an effing prick. The new guy is TOLD to clean up after the owners DOGS. Sorry If you hire me to work on guns then tell me to pick up dog crap. I am going to drive the poop scooper on your toes and walk the hell out. I am not your personal slave. I work for you for a paycheck. If you don't want me to work on guns tell me up front.

Would it kill one of them to take a damn shower and brush their teeth before being on tv. I don't expect them to be in Dockers and dress shirts. But dressing like you are proud of your job and business should be a must.

They don't explain that what they are doing is legal but you have to go through the process to get one.

They make stupid worthless crap for no reason other then to be on tv. They do nothing orignal at all. Rocket launcher for botle rocks REALLY. 1k yard AK OR SKS STUPID. the Roof mounted duel AR-15's using 100 rnd beta mags. Who the hell is going to stick their head out of the truck to change the mags in the middle of the firefight.

Talking about their SF buddies and the one couldn't even put on a pair of BDU's correctly. And he was out of uniform on TV his stash was out of regs.

The only thing they did that was half way decent was when they rebuilt the flame thrower for the WWII vet.

The daughter OMG she is so butt fugly it is not funny. Her teeth you would think that with all the money they are making from the show she would go get her snaggle face fixed a little. Thought if you just smacked her in the face with a 2x4 for or five times it would do a world of god for her.

They put a quad rail and dura coat on a Thompson. REALLY a QUAD rail for no other reason than to say it is tactical. They are not safe in handeling firearms well at least not for me they aren't. I sure know I would not let anyone of them shoot next to or around me on any range.

How about the time they walked out of the front of the shop and started shooting flares up into the air only to have them land on other businesses roofs. How do they know that one of the other businesses around them doesn't have highly flammable stuff outside of their buildings?

DOUCHE BAGS ALL OF THEM.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5519 Times on 2883 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
When they shot the first group at 100 yards it came up on the screen and said 100 yards. When they went up in the tower it never said they were at 1000 yards. I think there are more accurate 7.62 NATO semi rifles out there from the factory and they are a lot cheaper than what they would sell it for.
i saw that episode in re-run last nite and they did put 1000 on the screen. but any production AR10 will do what their 308ak did for 1/3 the cost off the shelf. as well as any m1a or garand along with the psl replica svds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh View Post
I found it less then amusing that the owner could not say Chrysanthemum. They also had problems getting ammo. I could go down the street and pick up a box right now. Then they make a big deal about a low velosity round. It's an Arisaka, not a .577 Snyder.
it irked me too they went on and on about reduced power arisaka ammo. the arisaka is still to this day prolly the strongest rifle action ever devised. even the late war hack together arisakas are insanely strong.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #28

it irked me too they went on and on about reduced power arisaka ammo. the arisaka is still to this day prolly the strongest rifle action ever devised. even the late war hack together arisakas are insanely strong.[/QUOTE]

its funny that this came up when it did. im watching a show on history about the japanese WWII weaponry. the reduced power arisaka rounds are hard to find now a days. a buddy of mine has one and has a pretty hard time getting them. but they are credited with having a very strong action because they are as simple as you can get.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #29

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I've watched all the shows since the series started. Some are pretty interesting while some are just plain dumb and you find yourself asking what were they thinking when they came up with that idea. I also think that from the prices I've seen them ask for some of the guns they sell, they are WAY out of the price range of your average gun owner and deal with a clientele with more disposable income than I'll probably ever see. With that being said, I find something extremely curious. After reading the posts here and almost all really bash the show - cpttango30 seems to have a particular dislike for the show and everyone in it - why do any of you continue to watch it? If there is a show I don't like on my television, I change the channel!

FWIW, while it's not exactly my idea of a "gun" show, SOG is often entertaining (if far fetched) and we need to remember it's a show that's meant to entertain, not necessarily inform or instruct like GUNS & AMMO or AMERICAN RIFLEMAN. Besides, at least it is a show about guns and shooting. SOG, along with several others programs that have appeared in the past year or two are finally showing up on something other than the Sportsman or Outdoor channels (TOP SHOT is another). It would seem that guns and shooting are finally starting to find their way back into mainstream entertainment again. I really hope that this is an indication that Americans are more accepting of firearms than the media and gun control advocates would have us all believe.

Last edited by rachilders; 07-24-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #30

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

rachilders,

you bring up a good point about not watching the show. I dislike the vast majority of what they do on the show. I think, along with many others apparently, that what they do a lot of the times is pretty rediculous and pointless. However, it is kind of entertaining and pretty humorous as well. I have to admit, when i heard that they were making a 1000 yard AK I could not wait to watch it. I was dissapointed in the end, but I am dissapointed when a lot of things end so its not big deal

I will keep watching the show until they do something really stupid and pointless, like a 1919 with handlebars maybe

Closed Thread