Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? - Page 25
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #241
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a Saiga .308 and it's a very nice rifle. Actually I have the carbine version and the long barrel version. They shoot very well. I don't think that I'd ever try to shoot something at 1,000 yards with either one of them. I'm sure Red Jacket worked their rifles over completely, but that's what they do. If it is perfected with a very good scope, it's quite possible that you could make a 1,000 yard shot, IF you're a trained military sniper. If I needed to make a 1,000 yard shot, I can think of several guns that I'd choose over any Saiga. A Barrett in .416 or .338 Lapua or even .50 BMG would be 3 great ones to start with. The .416 will go out to 1,500 yards with the right shooter.

Old 11-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #242

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhvy View Post
I'll preface this with, "I am from Louisiana," (and still live here)
I find it ridiculously amusing that the lot of you are so upset by this show.
First off...as protectors of the 2nd Amendment, you should also be cognicent of the First Amendment. (That which grants the rights of free speech).

To my point...Discovery can put whatever garbage they seem fit on the airwaves...and as granted by the constitution.
This isn't a show to get technical about...like counting 24 shots ring out of an MCP before a mag change.

The daughter is ugly as hell and seems to act like a jackass...but be thankful that they're attempting to promote the 2nd Amend. to the non-shooter.
Lastly..Louisiana affords tv and film networks HUGE tax credits if they shoot here. This shop is 10 miles away from nowhere and owner had a chance to take this TV deal in exchange for money to afford him a little more of the American dream...if you say you wouldn't take that extra slice of the AmericanTaurus Millennium Pro™ 111 9 mm Pistol dream, just because someone wanted
to showcase your backwoods gun shop? Change the channel!
I commend Red Jacket for their backing our God-given Second Amendment rights, and the rights of American companies to engage in a lawful manufacturing industry. They have a right to manufacture firearms and to become a successful American gunmaker. I hope that their show doesn't devolve into more of a farce. Setting up large explosions every show isn't doing much to show the public a balanced view of American firearms enthusiasts. I'm sure that their producers have much input as to what gets aired, and they're probably just interested in ratings, rather than a balanced look at a relatively new American fireams manufacturer. As stated above, If you don't like the show, change the channel. I find it disappointing that the show "American Guns" seems to have just about the same format, i.e. give the viewers a large explosion on every show, as if American firearms enthusiasts aren't smart enough to appreciate the act of building special request firearms, and the art of engraving and gunsmithing in general.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #243

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Lol

forumrunner_20120828_080433.jpg

Combat Corespondent

Old 11-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #244

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 299

Are we trying to make it to the second anniversary of this thread?

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #245

Liked 2499 Times on 1424 Posts
Likes Given: 1946

Would somebody please summon the chaplain?

Old 11-10-2012, 05:19 AM   #246

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you added up all the .02 given on this thread you would have $4.92 including mine. And thats about as useful as the info from the show haha. Im in university right now and its funny the way the profs beat down the shows on discovery and history, especially ancient aliens. Anyway i like the restorations on the show haha cause ill never see guns like that where i live. But the 1000 yard ak i thought was a good example of away to spend lots of money to build something that is neither here nor there. Its not the best at being an ak anymore nor is it the best 1000 yard gun.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #247
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Hmmmmm.........i smell something dead.......

Old 11-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #248

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
Are we trying to make it to the second anniversary of this thread?

Doing my part to make it happen.

: )

Old 11-11-2012, 01:50 PM   #249

Liked 119 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 20

This thread is fun to read, great entertainment value, like the show.

And that's the point "Sons of Guns" is merely a television show, for entertainment, not for education. It is not produced for gun collectors, lovers, experts or even perhaps people with a remotely passing awareness of guns.

It's television, for the masses.

The best show, in my opinion, that really digs into particular weapons, their history and their function, etc. is MIDWAY'S GUN STORIES.

I just wish it lasted a full hour, not just half an hour and I hope they keep making them.

I wrote Larry Potterfield a thank you message via e-mail and got a personal reply back from him, you may want to do the same and let him know you like the show, if you do.

By the way, Larry has one of the world's largest private collections of firearms. If you ever get to take a good close tour of Midway with Larry, you will be amazed at the place.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #250
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21584 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
This thread is fun to read, great entertainment value, like the show.

And that's the point "Sons of Guns" is merely a television show, for entertainment, not for education. It is not produced for gun collectors, lovers, experts or even perhaps people with a remotely passing awareness of guns.

It's television, for the masses.

The best show, in my opinion, that really digs into particular weapons, their history and their function, etc. is MIDWAY'S GUN STORIES.

I just wish it lasted a full hour, not just half an hour and I hope they keep making them.

I wrote Larry Potterfield a thank you message via e-mail and got a personal reply back from him, you may want to do the same and let him know you like the show, if you do.

By the way, Larry has one of the world's largest private collections of firearms. If you ever get to take a good close tour of Midway with Larry, you will be amazed at the place.
i have to agree with that statement. it is entertainment for the masses. and as such, we can always make a choice. i do. i change the channel!

MidwayUSA is my primary source for most of my firearm needs. excellent company, that carries a vast array of products, with great prices, great service and fast shipping. the very few times i have had a problem with an order it was very quickly resolved. i wish more business' would use them as a role model.

Closed Thread