Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? - Page 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 08:08 PM   #181
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

I'm afraid that may not have been a fart, then...YIKES!!
Yeap ........ I sh1t the bed

Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 AM   #182

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

[QUOTE="axxe55"]

bear, this is what i was trying to say to you earlier,

Water under the proverbial bridge friend. I see where you are coming from, in the perspective of the show making gun owners look over the top, and being able to use it as umbrella example to put all gun owners under. When I say you'd be suprised at what id do if the price was right, I was thinking more of like for a million bucks I would dawn a dress and wig and dance the hokey pokey, or some ridiculous scenario like that. Ridiculous meaning why would someone giveme a million, when all it would take is a case of beer.(another attempt at humor) seriously though we do agree on more things than not. I to come from a long line of military family,4 generations of soldiers including my longtime friend since the 8th grade, who not long ago was awarded the silver star for combat actions in iraq, under seal team 10. I do not take our freedoms lightly nor never will, just try not to take myself to seriously at the same time.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #183
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

[quote=Bear304inc;717620]

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

bear, this is what i was trying to say to you earlier,

Water under the proverbial bridge friend. I see where you are coming from, in the perspective of the show making gun owners look over the top, and being able to use it as umbrella example to put all gun owners under. When I say you'd be suprised at what id do if the price was right, I was thinking more of like for a million bucks I would dawn a dress and wig and dance the hokey pokey, or some ridiculous scenario like that. Ridiculous meaning why would someone giveme a million, when all it would take is a case of beer.(another attempt at humor) seriously though we do agree on more things than not. I to come from a long line of military family,4 generations of soldiers including my longtime friend since the 8th grade, who not long ago was awarded the silver star for combat actions in iraq, under seal team 10. I do not take our freedoms lightly nor never will, just try not to take myself to seriously at the same time.
bear, i am sorry we got off on the wrong foot over this. my biggest point in stupid so called "reality shows" is that most of the general non gun owning populace watches these shows and believes this is what all gun owners are like. this is the media at it's best, trying to shape public opinion and to infer their ideas and thoughts. a lot of people are sheep led quietly to the slaughter because they lack the guts to think for themselves and would rather someone do it for them. i for one am not a sheep, i do not put much faith or trust in a majority of the media. i prefer to look at facts and come to my own conclusions and make decisions that benefit me, not what the media or politicians would want me to think might benefit me. Red Jacket and American Guns are making money at being the pawns of the media and their agenda, and all they are thinking about is the money they are being paid to do so. they, IMO have prostituted themselves out to the media in chasing the dollar.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #184

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default You Really Don't Get It!

Sons of Guns is not produced for knowledgeable firearms enthusiasts like you and me. The real purpose is to brain wash the non-gun public into believing that these are the types of guns and ammo legal hunters and target shooters use and which are available to the public at any gun shop. This is what they will remember when anti-gun laws come up for a vote again.

It's kind of like crediting the phrase "I can see Russia from my front porch" to Sarah Palin which was really a joke presented on Saturday Night Live by a Sarah Palin look-alike. But a lot people still credit that statement to Sarah!

I wish I was half as smart as my dog thinks I am.

Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #185

Liked 225 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyman View Post
It's kind of like crediting the phrase "I can see Russia from my front porch" to Sarah Palin which was really a joke presented on Saturday Night Live by a Sarah Palin look-alike. But a lot people still credit that statement to Sarah!
I can see a strip club from my front porch.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #186
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyman View Post
Sons of Guns is not produced for knowledgeable firearms enthusiasts like you and me. The real purpose is to brain wash the non-gun public into believing that these are the types of guns and ammo legal hunters and target shooters use and which are available to the public at any gun shop. This is what they will remember when anti-gun laws come up for a vote again.

thank you tallyman, you have summed up my thoughts in a much shorter version. this is my whole point, the non gun owners perception of what the average gun owner will be shaped by the media from shows like this. these shows, IMO are not the friend of the average, law abiding gun owner who enjoys the right to keep and bear arms.

guns have three enemies now, rust, politicians and the media!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #187

Its dumb you take a 700 dollar barrel and put on an already easy going gun

Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #188

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldMan View Post
Where did you get all this intel..?
I have also seen this info at numerous places online, how true it is I can't say. Most recently I heard the problem had something to do with receivers which were damaged so they were scrapped and new ones made or something like that, and those scrapped receivers were the ones the ATF had problem with "disappearing". So they revoked their FFL and they cannot get it back apparently. So now an employee, which was Vince until he quit, of Red Jacket holds the FFL rather than the owners.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #189

Default Red Jacket AK

Son's of Guns can be entertaining, but they mostly make Rube Goldberg weaopnsthat have no useful purpose. I mean, who needs a quad MG42, a rotary shotgun (actually three shotguns stuck together), etc. Same thing with the sniper AK. The AK is known for being fast, cheap, sloppy, and reliable. So why try to make it a sniper when there are alot of good sniper rifles available. As an aside, if the real "drama" in that organization is half the reality TV drama depicted, I wouldn't want one of their guns anyway. Give me a couple of sedate old-hand gunsmiths who know what they are doing and can fix anything.

Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #190

Liked 225 Times on 177 Posts
Likes Given: 321

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabukow View Post
So why try to make it a sniper when there are alot of good sniper rifles available. As an aside, if the real "drama" in that organization is half the reality TV drama depicted, I wouldn't want one of their guns anyway. Give me a couple of sedate old-hand gunsmiths who know what they are doing and can fix anything.
The russkies already did it. It's called a draganov (I didn't bother with the spell checker on that, in case someone brings it up). There are a bunch of clones out there, so it is probably cheaper to buy one than build it. But I get your point. I don't think I would trust these jokers to make a spud gun.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Closed Thread