Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? - Page 18
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

BTW, my bad on distracting thread, not my intent gentlemen.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:20 AM   #172

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke2209 View Post
Its like a preview of jersey shore in here
LMAO... Don't get me started on that show. I think I've watched a total of 11 minutes in my lifetime, and my IQ dropped by 30% as a direct result.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #173

Likes Given: 6

WOW....what a lot of emotions about a little show on TV that realistic or not...at LEAST shows guns and shooting!! Man.....hahahahahahh...I gotta say....I find that SOG and the American Guns show somewhat off the wall....but at least they are shows about guns & shooting. Id rather they be on the air then not....Sure the girl is fugly, yeah they do ridiculous stuff, but ..... SOME of the stuff is interesting and kinda funny. Of course its still TV LAND.....and its all written script for entertainment, I guess like Jersey shore ( I have not seen an episode but have seen Snooki :-), that snarky little tart! :-)

I have not taken a Helicopter ride to a gun show yet....:-), and as soon as I get another full time job I am SURE I will rent one :-) Hahahahahha....boy....and people talk about car saleman.....$10-15K for a Colt SAA replica for the Preacher man...and $18-20K for a Yellow Boy that has a little engraving and a custom trigger and some other niceties that you could add to a Uberti or what ever for a couple grand and still be under $4K. Lets be serious for just ONE MOMENT....:-) These are not shows about the average shooter/plinker...which is what I am.....but its entertainment...thats it...thats all...no more. I cringe at some of the things that Stephanie says or does on that show. And on American guns.....Renee's FAKE boobs couldn't look any worse if she had a wet t-shirt, but now the daughter.....hmmmm.....when I was her age.....boyyyy.....what I wouldn;t have done to her in the back of my '71 Camaro..( split front bumpers--thank ya :-) hahahahhaha....yea...but.....oh wait....its about guns......and ENTERTAINMENT. Of course all these customers are either made up or figures of the producers imagination or something......hey...all the negative energy about the shows is just too much.....give them a break...I miss the American Rifleman shows and the old WIld Kingdom shows with the guy w white hair that was around for about 80 years and still kicking....:-) but these and; One Man Army and Top Shot.....and Toughest Warrior...Ninja Vs AL Capone.... hahahahahah its TV!! ( I would bet on the ninja....he's is sneekyier (?) than big Al...:-)

Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #174
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
BTW, my bad on distracting thread, not my intent gentlemen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiPowerGuy54 View Post
WOW....what a lot of emotions about a little show on TV that realistic or not...at LEAST shows guns and shooting!! Man.....hahahahahahh...I gotta say....I find that SOG and the American Guns show somewhat off the wall....but at least they are shows about guns & shooting. Id rather they be on the air then not....Sure the girl is fugly, yeah they do ridiculous stuff, but ..... SOME of the stuff is interesting and kinda funny. Of course its still TV LAND.....and its all written script for entertainment, I guess like Jersey shore ( I have not seen an episode but have seen Snooki :-), that snarky little tart! :-)

I have not taken a Helicopter ride to a gun show yet....:-), and as soon as I get another full time job I am SURE I will rent one :-) Hahahahahha....boy....and people talk about car saleman.....$10-15K for a Colt SAA replica for the Preacher man...and $18-20K for a Yellow Boy that has a little engraving and a custom trigger and some other niceties that you could add to a Uberti or what ever for a couple grand and still be under $4K. Lets be serious for just ONE MOMENT....:-) These are not shows about the average shooter/plinker...which is what I am.....but its entertainment...thats it...thats all...no more. I cringe at some of the things that Stephanie says or does on that show. And on American guns.....Renee's FAKE boobs couldn't look any worse if she had a wet t-shirt, but now the daughter.....hmmmm.....when I was her age.....boyyyy.....what I wouldn;t have done to her in the back of my '71 Camaro..( split front bumpers--thank ya :-) hahahahhaha....yea...but.....oh wait....its about guns......and ENTERTAINMENT. Of course all these customers are either made up or figures of the producers imagination or something......hey...all the negative energy about the shows is just too much.....give them a break...I miss the American Rifleman shows and the old WIld Kingdom shows with the guy w white hair that was around for about 80 years and still kicking....:-) but these and; One Man Army and Top Shot.....and Toughest Warrior...Ninja Vs AL Capone.... hahahahahah its TV!! ( I would bet on the ninja....he's is sneekyier (?) than big Al...:-)
bear, this was my whole point on this a few days ago about selling ones self out to the highest bidder in the pursuit of money, as Red Jacket has done IMO. these shows are produced by people who are trying to make gun owners look like we are backwood inbreds or rich snobs who have to spend their money on something. for the most part, they potray the average gun owner in a bad light. i feel we as gun owners would be much better off if these shows weren't on the air. these people at Red Jacket and the other shop in Colorado are being paid money to film them, then they air these programs that makes the average gun owner look either rich with nothing better to spend bunches of money on, or some inept irresponsible doofus. the shows are scripted, they are edited and put on for the air to make money. they have nothing to do with futher protection of our 2nd admendment rights, or promoting responsible gun ownership. IMO these shows are not the friend of the general populace of gun owners who are safe and responsible and look to the 2nd admendment for protection of our rights to keep and bear arms. bear, olive branch taken.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:51 AM   #175

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Posted by HiPowerGuy54 View Post
"WOW....what a lot of emotions about a little show on TV that realistic or not...at LEAST shows guns and shooting!! Man.....hahahahahahh...I gotta say....I find that SOG and the American Guns show somewhat off the wall....but at least they are shows about guns & shooting. Id rather they be on the air then not....Sure the girl is fugly, yeah they do ridiculous stuff, but ..... SOME of the stuff is interesting and kinda funny. Of course its still TV LAND.....and its all written script for entertainment, I guess like Jersey shore ( I have not seen an episode but have seen Snooki :-), that snarky little tart! :-)

I have not taken a Helicopter ride to a gun show yet....:-), and as soon as I get another full time job I am SURE I will rent one :-) Hahahahahha....boy....and people talk about car saleman.....$10-15K for a Colt SAA replica for the Preacher man...and $18-20K for a Yellow Boy that has a little engraving and a custom trigger and some other niceties that you could add to a Uberti or what ever for a couple grand and still be under $4K. Lets be serious for just ONE MOMENT....:-) These are not shows about the average shooter/plinker...which is what I am.....but its entertainment...thats it...thats all...no more. I cringe at some of the things that Stephanie says or does on that show. And on American guns.....Renee's FAKE boobs couldn't look any worse if she had a wet t-shirt, but now the daughter.....hmmmm.....when I was her age.....boyyyy.....what I wouldn;t have done to her in the back of my '71 Camaro..( split front bumpers--thank ya :-) hahahahhaha....yea...but.....oh wait....its about guns......and ENTERTAINMENT. Of course all these customers are either made up or figures of the producers imagination or something......hey...all the negative energy about the shows is just too much.....give them a break...I miss the American Rifleman shows and the old WIld Kingdom shows with the guy w white hair that was around for about 80 years and still kicking....:-) but these and; One Man Army and Top Shot.....and Toughest Warrior...Ninja Vs AL Capone.... hahahahahah its TV!! ( I would bet on the ninja....he's is sneekyier (?) than big Al...:-)"

Posted by axxee55: "bear, this was my whole point on this a few days ago about selling ones self out to the highest bidder in the pursuit of money, as Red Jacket has done IMO. these shows are produced by people who are trying to make gun owners look like we are backwood inbreds or rich snobs who have to spend their money on something. for the most part, they potray the average gun owner in a bad light. i feel we as gun owners would be much better off if these shows weren't on the air. these people at Red Jacket and the other shop in Colorado are being paid money to film them, then they air these programs that makes the average gun owner look either rich with nothing better to spend bunches of money on, or some inept irresponsible doofus. the shows are scripted, they are edited and put on for the air to make money. they have nothing to do with futher protection of our 2nd admendment rights, or promoting responsible gun ownership. IMO these shows are not the friend of the general populace of gun owners who are safe and responsible and look to the 2nd admendment for protection of our rights to keep and bear arms. bear, olive branch taken. "

I see the point that axxee55 is trying to make and he has a perfect right to feel that way. However, I also know just how HiPowerGuy54 feels. These are ENTERTAINMENT shows, not documentary programs or educational videos. I view them in the same way I see shows like "DUCK COMMANDER", "PAWN STARS" or "AMERICAN CHOPPER". These are real people (as in not professional actors) not necessarily portrayed in real world situations but more under circumstances that are meant to entertain. I don't know of ANYBODY who thinks these shows and the dozens like them portray the typical shop owner or buyer anymore than the "JERSEY SHORE" crowd represent the average 20 something.

As a group who normally take guns and shooting very seriously, we sometimes take ourselves and our passion for firearms too seriously. We occasionally need to lighten up and just enjoy the humor, ridiculousness and simple entertainment value these shows provide. When I'm at the range, carrying and any other time I'm around firearms I approach my guns and their use with deadly seriousness. If I want to see something useful and/or educational, I'll watch "GUNS & AMMO" or "AMERICAN RIFLEMAN". OTOH, these shows are a chance to relax, see one of my favorite subjects - guns and their use - and enjoy a few laughs at the hair brained ideas and soap opera mentality these shows provide. Besides, how many of us at some point haven't secretly wanted to build our own fire shooting cannon, turn a .22LR hunting rifle into a long range tactical sniper gun that can take an elephant down at 2 miles or turn our parents old Plymouth Reliant into a personal armored attack vehicle strait out of "MAD MAX" complete with machine guns and rockets? You know what, these guys actually do it!

Last edited by rachilders; 02-21-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Old 02-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #176
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

rachilders, i do take things like this serious, because to me the danger of gun owners losing the right to keep and bear arms is in danger everyday. from the media and politicians, and IMO, these types of shows aren't entertainment, but fuel for their cause to restrict or abolish our rights under the 2nd admendment. i respect everyone elses right to think and feel as they do, i may not agree with someone else opinion and voice my opinion strongly, but i beieve in your right to your opinion.

some feel these shows are a step forward in the fight for gun owners, but i feel they a step backwards. i do not feel they are representative of the average gun owner. many people in this country base their opinions on what is seen in the media and not hard, concrete facts. these types of shows, shape their perpective of us as gun owners. public perception is drawn from the way the media chooses to represent it to them. the general populace of American gun owners are average, middle income people who go to work, raise families, and enjoy the right to own a gun for self defence, for recreational shooting, collecting and hunting. these are just my thoughts and opinions, and whether someone agrees or not, that is their right.

bear, this is what i was trying to say to you earlier, and maybe you took it wrong and as a personal attack towards you, but it wasn't meant in that way. when it comes to the presevation of the our gun rights and what i feel are undermining attacks on them, i tend to feel very strongly and will voice my opinions also strongly. when i said that there wasn't any amount of money to sell myself out for, this is what i meant. my honor, dignity, and self esteem aren't for sale at any price. there are sometimes a person has to draw a line in the sand and say this line i will not cross. when it comes to my rights, and how i feel about them, knowing good ment have fought and died to defend our rights and freedoms, that is my line. i feel the way i do because of my respect for them. many in my family have served in the military and have been in war, and them and many others fought and died to protect our rights and freedoms and i will honor their memories by say there are lines that i won't cross and will defend any way i can.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #177

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 130

axxee55, as I said in my last post you have a perfect right to feel the way you do and I'd respect that right whether I agree with it or not. I just hope that those who have an opinion, be it yours, mine or anyone else here, remember that we all are entitled to our views and don't attempt to suppress or marginalize those that don't happen to share that opinion. That's a tactic gun control fanatics have followed for years and I don't want to see those of use who believe in a strong 2A become like them. There are far too many people in the world today who believe in free speech and your right to express your opinion... but only as long as it agrees with their opinion!

Last edited by rachilders; 02-21-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #178

Liked 294 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 445

I'm waiting for Sons of Guns to make a panty gun .

Old 02-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #179

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I just farted and now I can taste it

Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #180

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke2209
I just farted and now I can taste it
I'm afraid that may not have been a fart, then...YIKES!!

Closed Thread