Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:58 AM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I beleive taht the real issue is that they have a fetish with the AK. So what, a great gun. It has one purpose. be reliable, and shoot fast. Using it as a platform for other weapons doesn't really make sense. If they wanted to do something original in the long range field they should have started with a round, and added that into a platform and compared it to a standard such as the marines use. But it is pop tv. They are entertainers making things look fancier than they really are. I bet gun smiths are shaking their head; the same as i do when i watch ax men(They give loggers a bad rep).

Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #142

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonJoker View Post
I beleive taht the real issue is that they have a fetish with the AK. So what, a great gun. It has one purpose. be reliable, and shoot fast. Using it as a platform for other weapons doesn't really make sense. If they wanted to do something original in the long range field they should have started with a round, and added that into a platform and compared it to a standard such as the marines use. But it is pop tv. They are entertainers making things look fancier than they really are. I bet gun smiths are shaking their head; the same as i do when i watch ax men(They give loggers a bad rep).
Hey Oregon,

Welcome to the FTF.

You sure nailed this one.

Old 01-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #143

Likes Given: 18

you bring up a good point about not watching the show. I dislike the vast majority of what they do on the show because they are trying to cover too many bases as not to offend either AR shooters or AK shooters.
I think that what they do pretty rediculous and pointless. However, it is kind of entertaining and pretty humorous as well. but the humor is being turned from laugh with us to laugh at us and they don't seem to realize this.
also shooting could do with a show that lifts the image of shooters and gun collectors not just a joke program that is used as a piss take of the rednecks in the car park blasting rockets over commercial properties!!
i mean for the sake of Christ what gun is a boat mounted cannon!
last point could the daughter get her teeth fixed? and get her father to dress in clothes that would not look like he slept in them.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #144

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I know im way late on this topic,but this show is all comedy to me and this guy trys his best to take credit for everybodys projects

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-14-2012, 11:14 PM   #145

Don't worry anyone. With Vince out of the show there's a chance they get cancelled. He was the ffl holder because the fatso and bucktooth can't get a license, apparently they "loose" some guns and BATF revoked their licenses a couple years ago. He was even sued by some guy who made some work for them , he paid the guy with some company shares and then broke the company and started a new one with a similar name. Now there's some drama!!!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #146

I'll preface this with, "I am from Louisiana," (and still live here)
I find it ridiculously amusing that the lot of you are so upset by this show.
First off...as protectors of the 2nd Amendment, you should also be cognicent of the First Amendment. (That which grants the rights of free speech).

To my point...Discovery can put whatever garbage they seem fit on the airwaves...and as granted by the constitution.
This isn't a show to get technical about...like counting 24 shots ring out of an MCP before a mag change.

The daughter is ugly as hell and seems to act like a jackass...but be thankful that they're attempting to promote the 2nd Amend. to the non-shooter.
Lastly..Louisiana affords tv and film networks HUGE tax credits if they shoot here. This shop is 10 miles away from nowhere and owner had a chance to take this TV deal in exchange for money to afford him a little more of the American dream...if you say you wouldn't take that extra slice of the AmericanTaurus Millennium Pro™ 111 9 mm Pistol dream, just because someone wanted
to showcase your backwoods gun shop? Change the channel!

Old 02-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #147

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhvy
First off...as protectors of the 2nd Amendment, you should also be cognicent of the First Amendment. (That which grants the rights of free speech).

To my point...Discovery can put whatever garbage they seem fit on the airwaves...and as granted by the constitution.
This isn't a show to get technical about...like counting 24 shots ring out of an MCP before a mag change.

The daughter is ugly as hell and seems to act like a jackass...but be thankful that they're attempting to promote the 2nd Amend. to the non-shooter.
Lastly..Louisiana affords tv and film networks HUGE tax credits if they shoot here. This shop is 10 miles away from nowhere and owner had a chance to take this TV deal in exchange for money to afford him a little more of the American dream...if you say you wouldn't take that extra slice of the AmericanTaurus Millennium Pro™ 111 9 mm Pistol dream, just because someone wanted
Yeah its a pretty silly show

Combat Corespondent

Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #148
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhippie View Post
Don't worry anyone. With Vince out of the show there's a chance they get cancelled. He was the ffl holder because the fatso and bucktooth can't get a license, apparently they "loose" some guns and BATF revoked their licenses a couple years ago. He was even sued by some guy who made some work for them , he paid the guy with some company shares and then broke the company and started a new one with a similar name. Now there's some drama!!!
Where did you get all this intel..?

NRA Life Member

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Poloticians ignore the others"

Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #149
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20058 Times on 11409 Posts
Likes Given: 50598

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhvy View Post

i agree to his 1st admendment right to be an idiot on tv for money, if that is his desire. but i disagree with having someone of this stature tyring to promote the 2nd admendment for gunowners to non-gunowners, as they, IMO make most gunowners look like a bunch of knuckle dragging, inbred, backwoods morons. this is not the image i would like safe and responsible gunowners potrayed as. personally, i don't really think it has anything to do with promoting or defending the 2nd admendment as much as making a dollar. the owners would probably prostitute themselves out on tv for money if they ran a small engine repair shop!

also, there is no amount of money, that i would take and make myself look like a complete J@#$a%& and moron on tv. i have my dignity and money just isn't that important to me. some people have standards and pride in themselves.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #150

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

What happend to the other show I forgot the name of it,he gave a guy 10k and a Rolex for a Luger that belonged to Howard Hughes.

Combat Corespondent

Closed Thread