Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK? - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Red Jackets "First" 1000 yard AK?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

I think they should work on a safety switch which

also detonates a grenade, makes more sense than most

of the stuff they've done so far.

As if reality itself isn't effed up enough...

Old 01-05-2012, 02:14 AM   #112

Next up they make an underbarrel ar15 for attachment on another ar!!!

Never Forget.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #113

Liked 2611 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Do you think the writers for the show sit around

and skull it like this:

Writer1: "What other half-baked idea can we go for which

sounds great to anybody who never shot a gun? BTW, can we

get Bambi and Bubbles back for next week, or are they going to

be too busy with liposuction and other elective surgery?"

Writer2:" Do you think it would be too messy if one of the babes

injured themselves on a shop grinder? What do you think of trying

to make a 1911 that won't fire dependably?"

Writer3:" Well, frankly, we already know that anybody who really

shoots and reloads who stays tuned is a mush-minded moron,

so let's just keep going with the babes, numbskull ideas, and drama..."

Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #114

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I used to watch it then the drama began. And the builds of impractical use. I watch it every now and then.
Will built me a S-12 8" SBS way before this show hit the air and that shotgun is one bad to the bone destroyer.
003.jpg  

Old 01-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #115

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stMarine
Next up they make an underbarrel ar15 for attachment on another ar!!!

Never Forget.
Nope...that was the fourth or fifth episode, I think.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #116

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I've grown up around guns all my life but I didn't really pick up a strong interest until recently. I thought this show was interesting at first, but the more I overcame my naivety I developed quite the distaste for it. It seems they have a habit of desecrating perfectly fine guns, throwing their name on there with the word "first" and charging an outrageous amount of money for it. After I saw the episode where they created that fold up box gun (a knock off of the magpul folding gun), and claimed that they were the first to make it (not to mention it looked like a piece of trash) I have since stopped watching and haven't looked back. I haven't even watched american guns but from what I have seen it looks just as retarded

Last edited by comeback_kid; 01-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #117
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback_kid View Post
I've grown up around guns all my life but I didn't really pick up a strong interest until recently. I thought this show was interesting at first, but the more I overcame my naivety I developed quite the distaste for it. It seems they have a habit of desecrating perfectly fine guns, throwing their name on there with the word "first" and charging an outrageous amount of money for it. After I saw the episode where they created that fold up box gun (a knock off of the magpul folding gun), and claimed that they were the first to make it (not to mention it looked like a piece of trash) I have since stopped watching and haven't looked back. I haven't even watched american guns but from what I have seen it looks just as retarded
American Guns is a little better, but not much. i too have since quit watching as it has gotten to be more about the drama than the firearms. i only watched it in the beginning because of the firearms, because if you take away the firearms, it's just another evening soap opera!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:11 PM   #118

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 130

That's just how I feel about that gun show they shoot in Colorado, "AMERICAN GUNS". The high roller wanna be owner (dad) constantly runs around in a helicopter dropping tens of thousands of dollars on "collector" or "rare" guns, talks high end suckers into buying those guns at extremely inflated prices or gets them to to let him build a gun at many times it's worth instead of selling guns made by already established companies (remember the episode about the "rare" golden boy Henry boy rifle that supposedly hasn't been built in over a century). OTOH, his wife and daughter seem like they should be at a brothel, not a gun shop. The only one who seems to have his feet on the ground is the son, who does engraving at the shop. After the Golden Boy episode - FWIW, I own a GB built by Henry rifles. I bought it about 5 years ago at Academy, even though it hasn't been made since the 1800's according to the owner of the shop - where they made one for some local rancher, I just laughed to my wife and said this is a joke when she asked me about the gun. BTW, I was at a local gun show last weekend and saw a half-dozen of those non-existent Henry rifles there for sale. The guns were not cheap, about the same as an AR, but not even in the ball park when compared to the $5,000 or so (maybe more) they charged that cowboy for his rifle. The same for a Colt Peacemaker they built for some preacher. He could have had an original 1873 for way less than what they charged for their reproduction!

Last edited by rachilders; 01-10-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #119

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders
That's just how I feel about that gun show they shoot in Colorado, "AMERICAN GUNS". The high roller wanna be owner (dad) constantly runs around in a helicopter dropping tens of thousands of dollars on "collector" or "rare" guns, talks high end suckers into buying those guns at extremely inflated prices or gets them to to let him build a gun at many times it's worth instead of selling guns made by already established companies (remember the episode about the "rare" golden boy Henry boy rifle that supposedly hasn't been built in over a century). OTOH, his wife and daughter seem like they should be at a brothel, not a gun shop. The only one who seems to have his feet on the ground is the son, who does engraving at the shop. After the Golden Boy episode - FWIW, I own a GB built by Henry rifles. I bought it about 5 years ago at Academy, even though it hasn't been made since the 1800's according to the owner of the shop - where they made one for some local rancher, I just laughed to my wife and said this is a joke when she asked me about the gun. BTW, I was at a local gun show last weekend and saw a half-dozen of those non-existent Henry rifles there for sale. The guns were not cheap, about the same as an AR, but not even in the ball park when compared to the $5,000 or so (maybe more) they charged that cowboy for his rifle. The same for a Colt Peacemaker they built for some preacher. He could have had an original 1873 for way less than what they charged for their reproduction!
I get where you are coming from, but the Henry model they made isn't made by Henry today. I have a GB in .45 Colt...

Uberti makes a replica of that rifle, but they are made overseas. Unless something has changed recently.

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure that ep. was a '66 Winchester YB...not a Henry at all.

Last edited by Chandler51; 01-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #120

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah, It's a yellowboy they were talking about, winchester stopped making those after a short while, and having an "American" gun was the appeal.

Closed Thread