red dot sight for AK47
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > red dot sight for AK47

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default red dot sight for AK47

Well since i bought my AK three years ago, I have not done anything to it. I have since gotten bored of it and instead of selling to purchase something else i have decided to add a few things....

what do you all think about this .... would i be able to purchase it if so where would be the best site to buy it from.

Quick acquisition KOBRA EKP 1S-03 Red Dot Military rifle scope with SVD/SKS & AKM/Saiga universal siderail mount

any other suggestions as to add ons let me know....i am up for some customizing

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Looks good to me - let us know if you buy it and how it wirks.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #3

slow,

thanks for the info...i have emailed them. maybe that could be my xmas present for myself

Old 12-08-2009, 01:28 PM   #4

I have no experience with that particular company. Now at one point my late husband did get a dust cover with a rail on it for his AK, and put a red dot on it. But he said the zero changed with every round because of the looseness of the cover. So he went back to iron sights.

Now, there are other products out there that you can get that would work for you.

Something like this. UTG HG465 AMD-65 Tactical Quad Rail [437 MNT-HG465] : BlackJack Buffers LLC

And you could put just about any red dot you want that works with that particular rail system.

"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion, and the triumph of achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails at least fails whilst daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those odd and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat. You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who have had to fight for it life has truly a flavour the protected shall never know."

Old 12-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1027 View Post
Well since i bought my AK three years ago, I have not done anything to it. I have since gotten bored of it and instead of selling to purchase something else i have decided to add a few things....
What kind of AK are we talkin' here?

Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #6

it is a yugoslavia ak47

Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Are we talkin' fixed stock, or underfolder? Heavy barreled RPK? Are you looking to keep the original furniture? Reason I ask is that many of the tactical mounts change the traditional AK look and I don't know if that bothers you. Also the type/range of shooting you want to do with your AK will play a part in what scope/mount combo you would want. If you are shooting with in 150-200 yards there are some open sight combination's that work really well.

Little more info. and I should be able to give you some options that I've tried.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1027 View Post

what do you all think about this .... would i be able to purchase it if so where would be the best site to buy it from.

Quick acquisition KOBRA EKP 1S-03 Red Dot Military rifle scope with SVD/SKS & AKM/Saiga universal siderail mount

I have a Yugo M70 underfolder that I've been customizing. I put a UTG Tactical Quad Rail with picatinny rails on it, and mounted a Bushnell Trophy 1x32 red dot on it. I sighted it in at around 50 feet. It works really well. The Bushnell is being sold here http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-trophy-1x32-riflescope-730132p.html for about $150.

Here's a red dot (Vortex StrikeFire) that's received good reviews and has a nice price tag as well. It's marketed for AR type rifles, so I don't know if the caliber difference will negatively affect it. Here's the link to a review from TGF: TacticalGunFan.com - Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Is A Good Value

Here's a link for the Leapers UTG M70 Yugo Tactical Quad Rail:

AKS-102 - AK-47 Leapers UTG M70 Yugo Tactical Quad Rail For Use With Models With Grenade Launcher Sights

I hope this helps...

Last edited by ARnoob; 12-08-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added content

Old 12-09-2009, 02:25 PM   #9

HI red, I've been using the Kobra red dots for around 15 years and have had zero problems. I've read some real bad posts about them, but I like mine. They are also my favorite red dot to use with the AR-15's. I bought mine thru Kalinkas optic whse, don't know if they still carry them or not?

Break out the flames guys! -- My favorite mod to the AKs is the Fiberforce thumbhole stock. I like the longer length of pull and cheek weld they give ya. The rifle seems to handle better for me and these stocks are tougher than owl crap! Forget about the forearms that come with them, they are junk, never fit quite right, but I sure do like the stocks!!

This is just what works for me, kinda old school, don't know if I would recommend them for anybody else? gotta go with what ya like! Good luck with your project! Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 12-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #10

Well, I am looking to keep on original furniture and keep the fixed stock on it. I want to have the original look but I want to have a cool red dot on it and spice it up a bit while staying close to original as possible. I will probably use it to shoot no more than 100 yards occasionally do some at 200.

thanks guys/gals for the suggestions. keep em coming...

Tags
ak47, optics, red dot