Ready to buy my first AK - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Ready to buy my first AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4146 Times on 2816 Posts
Likes Given: 2066

The Serbs fought some lesser known wars against Bulgaria. Did you feel that spirit is still alive?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #32

Liked 47 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
To the Ak gods, I ask you of your opinions on the Yugoslavian underfolder lol
The yugo underfolder was always known for being a very good weapon(except some criticism for the uncomfortable stock....some shooters don't like it...i git used to it, so it is not a problem to me).try it and see it fits your hands

Last edited by Mark_Van_Goth; 10-07-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
The Serbs fought some lesser known wars against Bulgaria. Did you feel that spirit is still alive?
Well....I don't want to be racist/ultranationalist.....but....serbs are well known for their arrogance and territorial claims....so I don't know anything about serbian-bulgarian relationship and spirit...but if it is similar to the serbian-former yugo reps one, then I can say that it is pure hate.

Last edited by Mark_Van_Goth; 10-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Old 10-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #34

Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth

The yugo underfolder was always known for being a very good weapon(except some criticism for the uncomfortable stock....some shooters don't like it...i git used to it, so it is not a problem to me).try it and see it fits your hands
I played with it for a while at the gun shop and I think my only complaint was theres no real cheek rest but I got to looking around online and found a little pad the goes on the left side of the stock and doesn't affect it's ability to fold up. As far as build quality they're good stuff though?

Old 10-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The assembly quality is good. The rest depends on what you want from it. A cheek pad in a semiauto military style carbine is an afterthought, but if that's your gig, such options exist. Of all AKs the Super Vepr has probably the most comfortable furniture.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
The assembly quality is good. The rest depends on what you want from it. A cheek pad in a semiauto military style carbine is an afterthought, but if that's your gig, such options exist. Of all AKs the Super Vepr has probably the most comfortable furniture.
I use the sights on my sks, don't see why I wouldn't try to shoot accurately with an Ak. Just a thought though

Old 10-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #37

Quote:
I played with it for a while at the gun shop and I think my only complaint was theres no real cheek rest but I got to looking around online and found a little pad the goes on the left side of the stock and doesn't affect it's ability to fold up. As far as build quality they're good stuff though?

Well...If you don't like it, you ca build it/modify it.
The built stuff.....here we go again.As you know, building your own rifle of let somebody build it for you(Not the original manufacturer), can be pretty expensive and may not garantee a high-quality degree.There's always the possibility to pick uo a bad build(Trust me...I check a couple of them...I'm still wondering how is it possible that they used premium parts and got so bad results....).Sometimes even if you use very good parts, the final result is a mess.The worst thing I have seen?A home built Type 56.Before putting toghether, everything was aligned;once the guy put it toghether, the receiver was visibly curved-the guy didn't pay the necessary attention while assembling the rifle, so he damaged the receiver).On the other hand....well...I have a heavy modified, custom build M70AB2 that is a beast(I mean...in a positive way) if compared to a factory made M70.Building your own rifle gives you the possibility to get exactly what you want.And the yugos are a really good base to start from(High quality)

Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

It's just the style. I always use the sights too. Sure you sporterize it any way you like. I don't mind pulling a padded condom over the folder buttstock for a bare chest range practice on a hot summer day.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Van_Goth

Well...If you don't like it, you ca build it/modify it.
The built stuff.....here we go again.As you know, building your own rifle of let somebody build it for you(Not the original manufacturer), can be pretty expensive and may not garantee a high-quality degree.There's always the possibility to pick uo a bad build(Trust me...I check a couple of them...I'm still wondering how is it possible that they used premium parts and got so bad results....).Sometimes even if you use very good parts, the final result is a mess.The worst thing I have seen?A home built Type 56.Before putting toghether, everything was aligned;once the guy put it toghether, the receiver was visibly curved-the guy didn't pay the necessary attention while assembling the rifle, so he damaged the receiver).On the other hand....well...I have a heavy modified, custom build M70AB2 that is a beast(I mean...in a positive way) if compared to a factory made M70.Building your own rifle gives you the possibility to get exactly what you want.And the yugos are a really good base to start from(High quality)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator
It's just the style. I always use the sights too. Sure you sporterize it any way you like. I don't mind pulling a padded condom over the folder buttstock for a bare chest range practice on a hot summer day.
I don't plan to sporterize it at all. I like military rifles for what they are. My only plans with the Yugo is the cheek rest and possibly a suppressor (first threaded barrel I've owned) then ammo of course lol. I'll save the tactical sporter rifle for the sbr AR I've got my eye on

Old 10-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #40

Quote:

I don't plan to sporterize it at all. I like military rifles for what they are. My only plans with the Yugo is the cheek rest and possibly a suppressor (first threaded barrel I've owned) then ammo of course lol. I'll save the tactical sporter rifle for the sbr AR I've got my eye on
Hm...what rifle are you talking about?An M70 AB2 or something else?