You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

question for the ak gurus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 73 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i know zip nada zilch about ak47 other than i hated the mak90 i used to have waaaaay back.

are the CZ VZ 58 Military Sporter any good??

just wondering in case i come across one for a stupid good price at a gunshow or pawnstore
You do know that VZ-58 & AK47 mags, parts, etc... don't interchange with each other.
It fires the same 7.62x39 round but that is about the only thing they have in common.
Just thought you would want to know.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
thats why i patiently search pawnshops and gunshows ya never know.
Three years ago I nabbed a MAK-90 in a New Orleans pawnshop for $99.00. The Vietnamese shop owner said that it had been buried in the back of the store for years and that was the price that had been on it ever since. It was rusty and had a thumbhole stock but both were easy fixes once I handed over the cash and got it home. I also got a broken Taurus .38 Special from him for $15.00 and sent it off to Taurus for their free warranty repair. Taurus didn't carry that model any more so they exchanged it a new one that was comparable for just a small fee.

I loves me my pawnshops.

Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7375 Times on 3935 Posts
Likes Given: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.62 Man View Post
You do know that VZ-58 & AK47 mags, parts, etc... don't interchange with each other.
It fires the same 7.62x39 round but that is about the only thing they have in common.
Just thought you would want to know.
i didnt know that thanks. but im not a ak person it wont ever be used for anything but a range gun so one mag would be sufficient. what i really want is a druganov. a real one but thats not liekly.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #14

Likes Given: 1

Default i mean clones?

they have a small supply here and a good price
Classic Arms Inc.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

unfortunately thats a psl not a druganov. look similar but not the same.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 07-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #16

Quote:
what i really want is a druganov. a real one but thats not liekly.
last one I saw was 4500 I almost bought it but got a car instead. I should have bought the druganov

Old 07-26-2011, 11:31 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey View Post
last one I saw was 4500 I almost bought it but got a car instead. I should have bought the druganov
yup they only going up in price. i did nearly the same thing a few years back had the chance but didnt do it... was only 1700$ at the time