poll thinking of getting a maadi ak...any pros and cons?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > poll thinking of getting a maadi ak...any pros and cons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default poll thinking of getting a maadi ak...any pros and cons?

so i got an offer for a maadi ak. im new to the ak rifle (i just got a hold of a romanian one recently). i have in handled it, shot it when i was in theater. never really took it apart. i know there are many variants of the ak floating around. romanian, yugoslavian, chinese etc. this the first time encountering a maadi. as far as its look the maadi stock with the thumbhole has been replaced. i dont know too much about it so here i am asking away. it is in good overall condition, though i havent fired it yet, which i will do before handing over the cash for it. so basically do you guys think i should go for it? its a maadi ak 47 7.62. good condition. 400 bucks....is this a good deal? any input would help

""If we need a programmer, I just go down to engineering or the signals division. For marketing people, I go to the psychological operations division. There's a finance battalion where all the accountants work. And then, for just about any other job you might have, go to the infantry barracks ? those guys are trained to handle anything." ~ Clarence Briggs

two wrongs dont make a right, but it makes us even!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Since you have the option of shooting it first, (which is great by the way) I'd run a few different mags through it (at least 100 rounds) and use your best judgment.

I've never had a Maadi, but have handled them and never experienced a problem regarding function. They are said to be made on actual Russian equipment. Whether or not that matters, I don't know. . . but I like the finish on the ones I've seen and $400 isn't bad. Just be sure to inspect the bore, mag fit (for looseness) and bolt carrier as those are three easy ways to estimate amount of previous usage.

As I always say:

Buy it!!!

Old 01-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #3

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Is it a pre-ban imported by Styer? 1500 came in with the full auto bolt carriers in them.

They are made in Ciro on actual ruski tooling.

Supposedly as close to the Russian AKM as you can get.

If it shoots, any AK at $400 would be a good buy. Especially an Egyptian model.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-15-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

Where is this at? I wouldn't do it.

Seriously, It sounds like a good deal to me. If you decide not to pull the trigger(pun intended)let me have a go for it.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Where is this at? I wouldn't do it.

Seriously, It sounds like a good deal to me. If you decide not to pull the trigger(pun intended)let me have a go for it.
well its from an army buddy of mine who has acquired quite a few ak-47's. if you are interested he's got 12 that he's selling minus the maadi i know he has 2 ak74s that are in very pristine condition. i will be seeing him on the 6th and ill be sure to take some pictures for ya'll. thats when ill be picking it up/test firing the maadi. he even threw in tapco furniture with it along with 5 original 30 round mags and 2 tapcos, and one 50 rounder

oh cane not sure if its pre ban, im keeping my fingers crossed. i will pick that top rail up from u once i have possession of the maadi if that works for you

""If we need a programmer, I just go down to engineering or the signals division. For marketing people, I go to the psychological operations division. There's a finance battalion where all the accountants work. And then, for just about any other job you might have, go to the infantry barracks ? those guys are trained to handle anything." ~ Clarence Briggs

Last edited by failure_drill; 01-16-2010 at 05:43 AM.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

If your in Bragg that would be good if not to far for me.

Old 01-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #7

im not in bragg at the moment spending quality time to get reacquainted with the family and the future extension.but i will be more than happy to get u info and such, if u do get interested in acquiring im sure we'll be able to make arrangements. i do miss the waffle house just off post so a road trip may be in order L