Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   poll thinking of getting a maadi ak...any pros and cons? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/poll-thinking-getting-maadi-ak-any-pros-cons-22151/)

failure_drill 01-14-2010 02:27 AM

poll thinking of getting a maadi ak...any pros and cons?

so i got an offer for a maadi ak. im new to the ak rifle (i just got a hold of a romanian one recently). i have in handled it, shot it when i was in theater. never really took it apart. i know there are many variants of the ak floating around. romanian, yugoslavian, chinese etc. this the first time encountering a maadi. as far as its look the maadi stock with the thumbhole has been replaced. i dont know too much about it so here i am asking away. it is in good overall condition, though i havent fired it yet, which i will do before handing over the cash for it. so basically do you guys think i should go for it? its a maadi ak 47 7.62. good condition. 400 bucks....is this a good deal? any input would help

diggsbakes 01-15-2010 09:24 PM

Since you have the option of shooting it first, (which is great by the way) I'd run a few different mags through it (at least 100 rounds) and use your best judgment.

I've never had a Maadi, but have handled them and never experienced a problem regarding function. They are said to be made on actual Russian equipment. Whether or not that matters, I don't know. . . but I like the finish on the ones I've seen and $400 isn't bad. Just be sure to inspect the bore, mag fit (for looseness) and bolt carrier as those are three easy ways to estimate amount of previous usage.

As I always say:

Buy it!!!

canebrake 01-15-2010 09:34 PM

Is it a pre-ban imported by Styer? 1500 came in with the full auto bolt carriers in them.

They are made in Ciro on actual ruski tooling.

Supposedly as close to the Russian AKM as you can get.

If it shoots, any AK at $400 would be a good buy. Especially an Egyptian model.

Shihan 01-15-2010 10:02 PM

Where is this at? I wouldn't do it.:D

Seriously, It sounds like a good deal to me. If you decide not to pull the trigger(pun intended)let me have a go for it.

failure_drill 01-16-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 213383)
Where is this at? I wouldn't do it.:D

Seriously, It sounds like a good deal to me. If you decide not to pull the trigger(pun intended)let me have a go for it.

well its from an army buddy of mine who has acquired quite a few ak-47's. if you are interested he's got 12 that he's selling minus the maadi :D i know he has 2 ak74s that are in very pristine condition. i will be seeing him on the 6th and ill be sure to take some pictures for ya'll. thats when ill be picking it up/test firing the maadi. he even threw in tapco furniture with it along with 5 original 30 round mags and 2 tapcos, and one 50 rounder:D

oh cane not sure if its pre ban, im keeping my fingers crossed. i will pick that top rail up from u once i have possession of the maadi if that works for you

Shihan 01-16-2010 07:20 AM

If your in Bragg that would be good if not to far for me.

failure_drill 01-17-2010 12:19 AM

im not in bragg at the moment spending quality time to get reacquainted with the family and the future extension.but i will be more than happy to get u info and such, if u do get interested in acquiring im sure we'll be able to make arrangements. i do miss the waffle house just off post :D so a road trip may be in order L:D