Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Polishing your parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Polishing your parts

As I understand it, polishing moving parts in most all semi auto weapons is a good thing. Not to say that I have any problems with my saiga x39, its perfect, but I just polished the bottom of my bolt(where it slides over my top round) and am going to do the rest of the contact areas on it. It does feel alot smoother when pulling back the handle. Im just wondering if this is good or if theres anything I need to watch out for.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I like polishing parts that benefit from it. The key is to not remove material per say. I generally use some 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper with oil to polish. I wet the sandpaper and fold it in half, abrasive sides touching each other, and rub it against itself first. This reduces the abrasiveness and softens up the paper as well. Then I dry it off and polish with it.

[]]]]]]]]]]]]\>
"----)_'_\--(
"--------\--\
"---------\_/