Picked up a romanian .. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Picked up a romanian ..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
i will post some pics . its not a draco it has the block where the stock use to be with two vertical holes . bear with me as i will get some pics up soon
Good sign! Just curious, how did you measure the barrel & did you include any permanently attached muzzle devices?

Regardless, I bet it will end up being a FUN gun; just gotta watch out for the ATeffers rules.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:50 PM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I thought it had to be 16" on a "rifle"???

Wait, it isn't one of those "Draco" AK pistols, is it?

Romanian AK Draco Pistol #AKAGUN-PIS

I'm fairly sure that you are NOT supposed to put a stock on them, ATF happiness-wise.
We are now at the point that. . . Pictures are now needed! This thread is now useless with out.

You might be on to something here. . . At first I was thinking (as it was presented) that the OP stumbled upon a partially built AK in need of a few parts, which would have been cool . . .

Regardless of it"s "unofficial" classification either as a Draco pistol or other. . . if it has a barrel less thanb 16"", then it must have a permanently attached muzzle device bringing irt ujp to the proper (16") length. OR a "tax stamp" must be purchased classifying the weapon as a SBR.

P.S. Pictures!!!!!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #13

Liked 1137 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 584

gotta love the blanket .....

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Hell Yeah!!! I love getting guns with a little something missing or broken that is easily fixable, but saves some loot for rehabbing the entire piece.

Hopefully this was the case here as it is an expensive part to replace. .. You have several options. . .

To have a SIDE FOLDER: Which is most desirable.

There are countless places that you can order the stock. Most places will also include the hardware, some will not. Its been so long since I've messed w/ a side folder that I forget what you need, but these guys know:

Arsenal, Inc. Side Folding AKS-74 Style Busttstock Assmebly AK-47, AK-74 Stamped Receivers Steel Matte - MidwayUSA

or this option:

Surplus Side Folding Buttstock AK-47 Stamped Receivers Steel Black - MidwayUSA

If You Want Fixed:

I can't see the top of the receiver, to tell if there is any sort of "tang" (with screw holes) for attachment of a wooden stock, if there is, then a wooden stock may be fitted w/o any modification.

If there is no tang, then you have a fun little project! ! ! ! Al you need to do is either drill a hole through the recveiver and attach a tang by either riveting, welding or simply using a machine screw with some loctite to hold the tang. You want the tang firm, firm, firm. . . indestructible as the stock is, well, a stock and needs to take abuse. Tang available here :
AK-47 Parts : AK47 Accessories & Parts

The stock will fit inside the receiver as tightly AS POSSIBLE!!!. Use shims if necessary, so there is NO movement and you can't pull it out by hand. Then you will pre-drill your holes and run about an 1-1/4" to 1-5/8" wood screw or 2 (depending on type of tang) with very aggressive threads into the buttstock. I usually coat my screws with titebond or elmers.

Then you're shooting like normal. SEE TANG!
p1010398.jpg  

Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #15

Liked 1137 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 584

i dont think i like the side fold , it does have a tang up top and on the bottom so i may just throw a chunk of wood on it . it also did not come cheap , it took about 6 beers , 5 hrs of nego , a mossberg .17 w scope and 300.00 bucks to get the damn thing but the victory of getting it from the deal master buddy was worth it as i drove back to my house on my grizzly @ 2am holding a ak47 i just got from the guy notorious for buying cheap and selling high . Now if i can just get the pen gun and the sigma from him my destiny will be complete

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

It does kinda look like one of those (fixed - into- folding) type stocks

Old 05-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

You were right, not a Draco; the gas tube & sights are a bit different on them. So, how do you measure your barrel? I was told the easiest way was with the cleaning rod; stick the rod down the barrel to get a measure from the bolt to the end of the barrel.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
You were right, not a Draco; the gas tube & sights are a bit different on them. So, how do you measure your barrel? I was told the easiest way was with the cleaning rod; stick the rod down the barrel to get a measure from the bolt to the end of the barrel.
The guy with the strange bear phobia is right! Stick rod down bore until it hits closed bolt, mark and measure.

Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #19

Better remeasure that bbl...really looks stock and 16.25"...

Did you measure from the front of the receiver?