Are other country's stopping the import of mags to U.S.? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Are other country's stopping the import of mags to U.S.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Shortage of mags?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife1972nova View Post
I have been looking into getting a Ak74 but have found that there are not alot of websites selling mags anymore? I was told that the Ukraine is no longer importing mags and that it is starting to hit us? I would like to know so I can make a gun show trip soon some websites are charging over 30 dollars for circle 10 and circle 21 mags. don't even look at Bakelite mags almost 1000 dollars
You might be right. A dealer who i became friends with said they are holding back russian ships, and ammo and mags are becoming short. Who knows he may be just saying that so i buy more from him Lol" I'm not taking any chances i'm buying some extra.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #22

Likes Given: 1

No i did some research and found that the country we were getting Mags from are now stopping the main ones being Bulgaria and Ukraine. There is chatter from some guys I know in the BATFE that the Obama administration is going to these countries and asking them to set up customs laws to prevent com-block items from coming in. I finally found a source for some Bakelite and circle 10's

Old 09-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mags

Quote:
No i did some research and found that the country we were getting Mags from are now stopping the main ones being Bulgaria and Ukraine. There is chatter from some guys I know in the BATFE that the Obama administration is going to these countries and asking them to set up customs laws to prevent com-block items from coming in. I finally found a source for some Bakelite and circle 10's
When does it stop. I'm glad you found the mags you were looking for.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #24

Likes Given: 1

They said little things have been happening that are stopping it little by little. century was caught with weapons on a ship that were labeled "farm equipment" at least that's what people are saying. It was miss labeled ? lol I dont know about that but if they lose the ability to ship them by sea then they will have to by air which is pricey.
The guy I was getting mags from had his country customs come in and stop him from selling for almost 6 months that is resolved now tho.
K-ver has a monopoly on Bulgarian mags because they are connected to are army or something in that country so they can control the price of those mags.
Its just food for thought guys if you find other stuff going on let me know its interesting to me

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Mags getting scarce

Quote:
They said little things have been happening that are stopping it little by little. century was caught with weapons on a ship that were labeled "farm equipment" at least that's what people are saying. It was miss labeled ? lol I dont know about that but if they lose the ability to ship them by sea then they will have to by air which is pricey.
The guy I was getting mags from had his country customs come in and stop him from selling for almost 6 months that is resolved now tho.
K-ver has a monopoly on Bulgarian mags because they are connected to are army or something in that country so they can control the price of those mags.
Its just food for thought guys if you find other stuff going on let me know its interesting to me
Thats some good info, thanks for the heads up. I'll do the same if i hear anything i'll let you know. I'm going upstate NY to work on my NHM-91. Enjoy the weekend.