Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Opinions on the Romanian AK Draco Pistol from Century Arms Int.?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Opinions on the Romanian AK Draco Pistol from Century Arms Int.?

I have a good pistol, a good shotty, and an SKS that i love, but i've been lusting after something new. I am considering one of these shorty AK pistols, mostly for plinking fun. J & G Sales has them for about $350 + shipping & ffl.

What do you think of this gun? I'm not going to be shooting any target competitions, just for fun. I also think this wouldn't be the worst SHTF/buggin out guns for me.

Input please. Do they break easily? Will the shortened gas system cause me trouble getting parts & accessories (railed forestock for a lazer sight perhaps)? Has anybody you know got one that they have a strong opinion about & what do they think of it? A buddy has a WASR10 that Century imported/milled out, and i am pretty satisfied with the quality of that piece (don't like the barrel nut).

Romanian AK Draco Pistol 7.62x39 caliber handgun. You can see some pics at the bottom of that page.

Thanks for any info on it.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

23 views & nobody has any input on this piece? I guess they are new to the market, though.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #3

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have no history with the pistol but do have a Century Arms International Romey WASR 10 from them.

Very happy with the gun and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Is it a WSAR 10/63? If so, Look for a triangle w/wo an arrow on the front trunnion. As of 2008, the GP WASR-10/63's are being made from de-milled military rifles. Quality is said to be much better with these.

Oh yea, not to be a buzz-kill but don't expect your new pistol to look as pretty as the one on J&G's site. Not gonna happen.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #4

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

I like them. Were else can you add a 30-45 round mag or 75 round drum to a handgun!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I'm gonna echo everything Cane suggested. I've heard all of the bad mouthing of Century Arms, but I'm not buying any of it. I own 2 of Their WASR 10/63's and both have been flawless, shoot straight and just plain solid. I've also shot their WASR 2 (soon to get one of my own ) and experienced nothing but positive results.

And yeah, its not gonna look like the one on the web page, there will be scratches and ugly wood, but don't let that deter you from getting one. It's kinda fun to mess with the finish anyway. Once I get my next one in I will Duracoat all the AKs and finish the furniture a little different from the others.

The only way you could break an AK is with a sledge hammer. . . even then 2 swings!

Do yourself a favor and just order one of each of everything on their AK page. . .

Last edited by diggsbakes; 02-05-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: won't break

Old 02-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the input guys! The more i think about it, the more i think this would be a fun plinker & decent emergency/trunk gun.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:09 AM   #7

My Draco and my SAR1 are my favorites. Besides, my Draco is 100% Romanian made, Century had nothing to do with it. Mine runs 100%. If you can shoot it without getting a serious grin, you ain't livin'. One of my favorites. It will be an SBR when funds permit. So long as it is all straight, it will rock. Buy one.

Last edited by gun papa; 03-01-2010 at 06:16 AM.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:51 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I know this is a old thread, but I have to give the Draco 2 thumbs up as a nice in close option. I am now doing my homework for a laser... I want a somewhat compact green dot to finish it off... that is not crazy expensive. I dont care if it can go 5 miles just want something easy to see up to about 100 yards. Any input would be appreciated.

image_023.jpg  

Old 11-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #9

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Sexy. Is this thing legal?

Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Sexy. Is this thing legal?
Legal in Nevada and other localities.