Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Opinions on the Romanian AK Draco Pistol from Century Arms Int.? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/opinions-romanian-ak-draco-pistol-century-arms-int-23032/)

orangello 02-04-2010 07:32 PM

Opinions on the Romanian AK Draco Pistol from Century Arms Int.?

I have a good pistol, a good shotty, and an SKS that i love, but i've been lusting after something new. I am considering one of these shorty AK pistols, mostly for plinking fun. J & G Sales has them for about $350 + shipping & ffl.

What do you think of this gun? I'm not going to be shooting any target competitions, just for fun. I also think this wouldn't be the worst SHTF/buggin out guns for me.

Input please. Do they break easily? Will the shortened gas system cause me trouble getting parts & accessories (railed forestock for a lazer sight perhaps)? Has anybody you know got one that they have a strong opinion about & what do they think of it? A buddy has a WASR10 that Century imported/milled out, and i am pretty satisfied with the quality of that piece (don't like the barrel nut).

Romanian AK Draco Pistol 7.62x39 caliber handgun. You can see some pics at the bottom of that page.

Thanks for any info on it.

orangello 02-05-2010 09:17 PM

23 views & nobody has any input on this piece? I guess they are new to the market, though.

canebrake 02-05-2010 09:32 PM

I have no history with the pistol but do have a Century Arms International Romey WASR 10 from them.

Very happy with the gun and would not hesitate to recommend them.

Is it a WSAR 10/63? If so, Look for a triangle w/wo an arrow on the front trunnion. As of 2008, the GP WASR-10/63's are being made from de-milled military rifles. Quality is said to be much better with these.

Oh yea, not to be a buzz-kill but don't expect your new pistol to look as pretty as the one on J&G's site. Not gonna happen.

jpattersonnh 02-05-2010 10:08 PM

I like them. Were else can you add a 30-45 round mag or 75 round drum to a handgun!

diggsbakes 02-05-2010 11:48 PM

I'm gonna echo everything Cane suggested. I've heard all of the bad mouthing of Century Arms, but I'm not buying any of it. I own 2 of Their WASR 10/63's and both have been flawless, shoot straight and just plain solid. I've also shot their WASR 2 (soon to get one of my own ;)) and experienced nothing but positive results.

And yeah, its not gonna look like the one on the web page, there will be scratches and ugly wood, but don't let that deter you from getting one. It's kinda fun to mess with the finish anyway. Once I get my next one in I will Duracoat all the AKs and finish the furniture a little different from the others.

The only way you could break an AK is with a sledge hammer. . . even then 2 swings!

Do yourself a favor and just order one of each of everything on their AK page. . .:)

orangello 02-06-2010 09:04 PM

Thanks for the input guys! The more i think about it, the more i think this would be a fun plinker & decent emergency/trunk gun.

gun papa 03-01-2010 07:09 AM

My Draco and my SAR1 are my favorites. Besides, my Draco is 100% Romanian made, Century had nothing to do with it. Mine runs 100%. If you can shoot it without getting a serious grin, you ain't livin'. One of my favorites. It will be an SBR when funds permit. So long as it is all straight, it will rock. Buy one.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...g?t=1267426757

freddy-b 11-06-2010 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this is a old thread, but I have to give the Draco 2 thumbs up as a nice in close option. I am now doing my homework for a laser... I want a somewhat compact green dot to finish it off... that is not crazy expensive. I dont care if it can go 5 miles just want something easy to see up to about 100 yards. Any input would be appreciated.

Ploofy 11-06-2010 09:22 PM

Sexy. Is this thing legal?

gun papa 11-06-2010 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploofy (Post 381645)
Sexy. Is this thing legal?

Legal in Nevada and other localities.