Opinions on this AK
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Opinions on this AK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Opinions on this AK

Here's the link: Romanian AK-47 WASR10CG 7.62x39 caliber, w/ Galil handguard & collapsible stock

Has anybody had any experience with these? Has anybody dealt with J&G? Btw this is my first venture into the SUR* area.

* Sport Utility Rifle

Last edited by canebrake; 03-12-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2010, 02:53 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have a Romey AK-47 WASR10.

Came with the TAPCO collapsible stock but the remainder of the furniture was wood. Ugly as sin!

I spent some cash and put the lipstick on the pig.

That was some time ago and I think the base gun cost me $350 + FFL. My guess is with the TAPCO Galil forend the $419 price is OK. Find out what the shipping will be and don't forget the FFL transfer fee.

I can tell you the WASR10's don't like the poly mags. Dont bother buying them, they'll sit in the drawer. When you are ready, I can steer you to some good deals on metal mags and cheap ammo.

If you get this AK give me a shout for some must-do upgrades to make it just a tad better.

If you enjoy your SUR 1/2 as much as I do, you'll be happy!

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 AM   #3

Have a WASR....LOVE IT!

Old 03-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #4

ive never had a problem dealing with j&g sales.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I like J & G for their product line and prices. They will provide you with a good quality product. Their only downfall is shipping times are slow, but if you're not in a hurry, by all means go for it.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #6

Default Wasr 10

I have one with the original wood...it is ugly as sin and I love it. I bought it as my Jeep gun (fits right behind the seats in my old CJ 5). It shoots reasonably well even though it is not a tack driver.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I have a Romey AK-47 WASR10.

Came with the TAPCO collapsible stock but the remainder of the furniture was wood. Ugly as sin!

I spent some cash and put the lipstick on the pig.

That was some time ago and I think the base gun cost me $350 + FFL. My guess is with the TAPCO Galil forend the $419 price is OK. Find out what the shipping will be and don't forget the FFL transfer fee.

I can tell you the WASR10's don't like the poly mags. Dont bother buying them, they'll sit in the drawer. When you are ready, I can steer you to some good deals on metal mags and cheap ammo.

If you get this AK give me a shout for some must-do upgrades to make it just a tad better.

If you enjoy your SUR 1/2 as much as I do, you'll be happy!

cane

Sorry I took so long to respond, but I've been busy with my birthday and stuff this past weekend (finally legal so I had to get a handgun!!!) That looks very nice. I can't stand the wood. I'm pretty sure this is what I end up getting. So the poly mags are no good??

Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Reworked WASR. Owned a first set. Never jammed and always sent the lead on. I like what you have done with it. 7.62x39 has place as a man stopper.

As long as yer scope holds near zero you don't want to be on the other end of that Romanian Boom Stick.

Nice

Last edited by Agent_H; 03-16-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Cant spell after drinking

Old 03-22-2010, 02:47 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its kind of hard to screw up an AKM but it happens, as far as I have seen of the WASR-10 only has small defects you dont often find with the older WASR-10s. I have one and its served me very well but I want to warn you, if you plan to put a scope of any sort on the rifle, plan on changing the stockk to something that has a riser for a better cheek weld because the scope will sit pretty high above the eye on a stock they are showing. And I wouldnt skimp on the scope mount if I were you, something like what Canebrake has works perfectly, dont be fooled by the dust-covers with rails, they are complete scrap metal as far as most people are concerned since they dont hold any zero.
A WASR-10 is fairly easy to fit to your own wants and needs, an extra $100 goes a long way on one because there are truckloads of parts and accesories to choose from.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

hey cane, about those poly mags, i have a wassr 10 also and i know what your sayin! those things really dont like to fit well in my rifle So i was wonderin if you can guide me to a respectable magazine. I would be very happy with any help, as i dont want to waste a bunch of money trying out every type of mag out there. Thanks a bunch.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington