One ugly SKS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > One ugly SKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default One ugly SKS

I have owned my SKS for awhile now and am thrilled with it beyond belief. However, I believe it to be one of the ugliest rifles ever made! And it seems that no one on the net makes a stock that is suitable to my liking. Am I the only one out there who is disappointed with the selection of aftermarket stocks?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2010, 03:44 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I had a Ramline years ago and loved it. The Tapco stocks are decent, too.

But I sold my SKS's so don't worry about it any more.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 08-02-2010, 04:48 AM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

How about this ATI Strikeforce stock?

atsks8000.jpg  

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjohnson View Post
I have owned my SKS for awhile now and am thrilled with it beyond belief. However, I believe it to be one of the ugliest rifles ever made! And it seems that no one on the net makes a stock that is suitable to my liking. Am I the only one out there who is disappointed with the selection of aftermarket stocks?
NJJ, I feel your pain. That is why I ended up with these home-built stocks. Built to suit me to a T.

KTF

Old 08-02-2010, 06:11 PM   #5

Whoa! Now that's what I'm talking about. Very imaginative. I've had thoughts in the last few days of doing a custom job myself. Not a huge fan of bullpup styles but I like what you've done. That's what this world needs is more creativity from individuals and not just mindless following and buying only what's available. 2 thumbs up!

Old 08-02-2010, 09:53 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

NJJ:

Have you had the opportunity to actually handle and shoot a bullpup?

So many who oppose the design have never bothered to get some experience for themselves. Maybe there is a good reason: lack of availability!

My main reason for the bullpup was to make something that would fit my long LOP (19 inches to the back grip at the trigger). The two polymer stocks that my pups came with from the pawn shops weren't so bad LOP wise, but they were XXlong! I couldn't see lugging a 44" long Yugo around when a 30 incher was possible. Bigger isn't always better.

Many people have stated that the balance will be all wrong on the pups, but my experience is quite the opposite. I can literally hold either one at arm's length, and hit a 1 foot square steel target easily at 30 yards.

I wish everyone could at least try one once for impressions. I think that there would be a lot of converts!!

KTF

Old 08-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #7

Oh I'd give any gun a try- at least once. I guess they have one of those looks that just doesn't sit well with me. But oh well, you might be right. If I were to ever get the opportunity to handle one, I might just like it.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:36 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

that bullpup is nice..

i really just want the og chinese red wooden gas tube myself. i have a plastic one now that came with the weapon but i hate that one. and mine doesnt like the 30 rds mags either i had to the internal 10rds mag to get it to feed right. works alot better like that. love the simple behind the sks and ak too of course. but the sks is alot cheaper and good for what you pay for overall.

Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 AM   #9

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have a Tapco T6 stock on mine. It works quite well for me. Looks liek this

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-08-2010, 05:30 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I personally prefer the original wood on my SKSs, but I had one that came to me with a Bubba stock.
I replaced it with this camo Monte Carlo style stock, and I couldn't be happier.