Ok so I got this chinese SKS
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Ok so I got this chinese SKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Default Ok so I got this chinese SKS

I know this has been hashed and re hashed over and over on the interwebs over the years but .

I have A " Made in china " SKS from factory 906 type 56 SKS

It doesn't say norinco on it though.

I hear the " made in china " type 56 was a military surplus imported to the US and the norinco's were the commercial production model sks .

Is this true? And if it's not true what is the difference?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Norinco is a marketing front-company, North China Industries, for PLA aresenals/govt-run factories. It all happens with a nod from the gov't there.

They "brand" any/everything the govt wants to sell overseas to raise cash; surplused SKSs that the PLA has replaced with AKMs, semi-auto AKMs the gov't wants to sell to foreign civilians, semi "M14" rifles, 1911 pistols, ammo, shotguns, .22LR rifles.

We could be burning thru piles of CHICOM 7.62x39 if it was still allowed to be imported.

Your SKS is every bit the same as the no-name CHICOM SKS you will find or the Keng's Firearms "branded" SKS I used to have. Speaking of which, you can find Norinco branded AKMs out of the same arsenal as no-names and PolyTechs.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

IMO it makes no difference. What you have is a very capable mid-range rifle that is fun to shoot, easy to clean and maintain and will most likely increase in value over time.