Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > Ok, Now I'm looking...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Wow man, yeah...that helps a LOT. Nice setup, and I WOULD rather have Russian manufacture, thanks for pointing that out. I looked at the Arsenal website and noticed only the milled rcvr guns had wood furniture pictured. Is that an option on all the guns, or do you know? How big a deal would it be to swap it out once I buy it?

By the way Retro, is there anything you DON'T have?
Glad to help Chandler51! I just like to inform someone of whats out there before they lay down their hard earned cash.
You can always swap put the furniture on these guns. My buddy swaps his out to whatever he feels like form time to time.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:00 AM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474
If you live near Tulsa my Local Dealer Sooner Guns 5663 So. Mingo Rd. Tulsa Ok 74146 918-286-8888 e-mail soonerguns@cox.net Mark Legget Owner He has them in stock and it's where I bought all three of mine.
Hey thanks, shooter...I'll check 'em out.
Nice group out of that eotech, btw. what was the distance?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goretro77

Glad to help Chandler51! I just like to inform someone of whats out there before they lay down their hard earned cash.
You can always swap put the furniture on these guns. My buddy swaps his out to whatever he feels like form time to time.

Cool...sounds like Arsenal is the way to go. Thanks guys!!

Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Hey thanks, shooter...I'll check 'em out.
Nice group out of that eotech, btw. what was the distance?
I shot it indoor at the 2A range it was I am guessing around 25 yards not sure, shooting standing off hand.
I just wanted a close up use weapon, and just wanted a fair quick shot group.
It does show how good this small rifle really can shoot.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I've seen Arsenals for as low as $725. Another good option is a converted Saiga which is what an Arsenal really is. You can get a converted Saiga for under $500.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 02-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
I've seen Arsenals for as low as $725. Another good option is a converted Saiga which is what an Arsenal really is. You can get a converted Saiga for under $500.
Well, let me ask you this...

What is the one everybody wants? There are SO many variants. Romanian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Russian, etc...what's the one to have? I have a guy at work wanting to sell me his Bulgarian...haven't seen it or discussed a price yet, but I know so little about the different makes that I'm afraid to make an offer even if it looks good.

If you had a spare $1500 lying around, and were in the market for an AK, which would you buy?

Old 02-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #17

Quote:

What is the one everybody wants? There are SO many variants. Romanian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Russian, etc...what's the one to have? I have a guy at work wanting to sell me his Bulgarian...haven't seen it or discussed a price yet, but I know so little about the different makes that I'm afraid to make an offer even if it looks good.

If you had a spare $1500 lying around, and were in the market for an AK, which would you buy?
If I was in the market for a rifle in or above $1,500 I would spend the extra $900 and by a the FNSCAR H 7.62x51 as I have the FNSCAR 16s 5.56 and it's a really quality non full auto rifle.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #18

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Krebs customs, Google that and his website should come up. Makes some of the nicest AK's I've ever seen. I converted my own saiga but his stuff is what a lot of professionals consider THE BEST in the AK platform.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #19

Liked 225 Times on 140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong

Krebs customs, Google that and his website should come up. Makes some of the nicest AK's I've ever seen. I converted my own saiga but his stuff is what a lot of professionals consider THE BEST in the AK platform.
Any Arsenal of your choosing will serve you nicely,and then some. But if you want the baddest AK on the block. Krebs is where to go.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474

If I was in the market for a rifle in or above $1,500 I would spend the extra $900 and by a the FNSCAR H 7.62x51 as I have the FNSCAR 16s 5.56 and it's a really quality non full auto rifle.
I have an ArmaLite AR10, LWRCI M6A2, etc...time for some "combloc" stuff. I wanted the 16S back when nobody had one, but now I've kinda moved past that phase. (for now, anyway). Maybe sometime down the road, but for now I have the "AK bug".