norinco
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > norinco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Default norinco

Anyone have one or know if they are any good or how much they are worth?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 124 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I have one and I absolutely love it. Shoots every time and is damned accurate. I can't tell you how much they go for because mine was bought 17 or so years ago when they were under $100.
Its a cinch to field strip and you can drag it through the mud, never oil it, and store it for 5 years and it will still shoot. (I haven't tried this nor do I recommend it, but they were built to last)
If you get any SKS keep it stock, don't go all tactical. Buy something else if you want to tac it out. The high capacity magazines for them are unreliable at best and the original 10 rd mag is perfect.
Save your money. I wish I had.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 450

I purchased a NORINCO MAK-90 years back for something like $350 with 4 mags and a drum. They go bang when you pull the trigger and are capable of hitting a saucer at 100 yards, which is all the accuracy you'll ever need.

I decided to "go all tactical" with mine, as case put it. It put an Ultimak optics mount and rail system on it, exchanged the thumbhole wood stock for a synthetic stock and pistol grip (only six hours worth of hand work with files and sand paper to get an absolutely perfect fit between the stock designed for 1MM receivers and the slant cut 1.6MM receiver it was fitted to), threaded the muzzle for the 84 style flash suppressor, exchanged the gas block for one with a bayonet lug, and exchanged the Chinese fire control parts for Tapco.

Put a BFG UWL and sling on it. Fun times.

Blued steel requires more care than a parkerized finish.

Typical Chinese machining isn't what I would call top quality, but it never had a functional issue.

Old 06-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2729 Times on 1429 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Norinco what? That is like asking if Fords are any good and how much they are worth.

Mak 90. Decent AK variant
SKS. Good quality, but not "mil-surp". Made for export to the US and Canada
I believe they also made Makarov/Tokarev knock offs, too

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #5

Liked 2178 Times on 1287 Posts
Likes Given: 473

Norinco is a contraction for North China Industries. They have made many firearms. SKS, AK variants, Tokarev, Makarov, AR, M-14, 1911, Winchester 97 and side by side shotguns, Browning .22 copies. So, it would be useful to know of a specific model you had in mind.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

This is the one that someone has for sale in my area I was looking at.
forumrunner_20130616_091255.jpg

Old 06-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 124 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyePrecision View Post
This is the one that someone has for sale in my area I was looking at.
Attachment 106075
Thats exactly what I did. I didn't put on the gas tube though. I heard you have to file it down and I don't want to spend the extra money right now and then have to file it to fit. Do you have problems with the magazines?
Its important to note that the gas tube is sold separately (unless you want to drive a couple of pegs out which I hear is very easy to damage your original gas tube and just use the plastic picatinny cover) and can drive up the price about 50 bucks.

I have since seen some other brands of stocks that look pretty good. When I was searching all I could find was the Tapco.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #8

Liked 2178 Times on 1287 Posts
Likes Given: 473

They are s good solid SKS. I personally like them best when left in factory form. Some folks experience feed problems with after market mags. The most reliable is the standard fixed mag.

Seems a lot of people like to buy an SKS and try to make it into something else, when they could have just bought an AR or AK in the first place. By the time they are done they realize they spent about as much and reduced the collector value at the same time.

If the seller still has all the original parts and will throw them in, then it's a good deal.