Im new to rifles and want to start a AK-47 project because I've been dreaming of one scence I was a kid. Let me start off that I know little about what im trying to attempt so please be nice. Thats why joined the fourm. Anyways....
Ive been looking at AK's for a while and I want something that doesnt look like your standard AK. I found this black widow made by shooters wholesale on Guns America that I thought would be badass to own. I want to try to do it myself though because im sure it would be alot cheaper. I am going the 7.62X39 route
Heres a few pics to show what I am tring to acheive
1. Is it possible to buy just a working receiver without the barrel, stock or anything else? Ive looked and found nothing. I dont know where to start with this. If so please give me an opinion on some.
2. Will any AK parts fit off of any AK receiver? I dont want to be ordering someting wrong and wasting my time.
3. Does anyone have any barrel idea's? Are there kits out there that come with everything but the front forearm? I want to go with that four panel rail system.
4. Is there anything else I should know before jumping into a project like this? My idea was to get a receiver from a stock CIA Draco or WASR-10 AK, strip down the barrel, stock, forearm, and grips. Then buy what I like to replace it.
5. How difficult would it be to replace the orignal trigger with a g2 trigger? Any opinion on this trigger?
6. Whats the most cost effective way to do this? It will mostly be used on the range. I will be using it for deer hunting buy I never see any deer so it wont get much use out in the woods
Thanks for reading and all infromation is greatly appreciated.