Next Ak - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

Next Ak

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 483 Times on 269 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ther are many places to get aftermarket accessories for the AK.

Try MidwayUsa.com:AK-47Parts

Old 09-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #22

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

The Saiga is a great AK made in a Russian AK factory. The converted Saiga listed above is a great buy though I'm not sure of the quality of the conversion. Better known shops can charge up to $700 for the conversion alone.

The Romy kit w/ the FSP/gas block combo is next on my list if I don't decide to go w/ the Saiga which will be converted to the Fuller front end and chopped.

AKs have a large aftermarket.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:13 AM   #23

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmithKid308 View Post
Thanks but just changing the wood to synthetic how was that or have you done it?
My only attempt to change furniture was the quad rail that did not fit. My Century Arms came with black synthetic fore end and black under-fold stock.

TACK

Old 09-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #24

Likes Given: 1

I have 2 saiga's If you can watch a youtube video have common sence and some tools you can convert it yourself. I built both of mine run like champs Russian made, original chrome line barrel, easy conversion all said and done under 500 dollars

Old 09-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #25

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Damn right ChevyMan! And if folks had some real Ballz, They'd bust out with a good kit (Hungarian and Polish can be had for less than $200), get a NoDak3 and start getting creative.

AR projects pale in comparison to the satisfaction of building your own AK from parts. You'll gain experience in everything from Headspacing and profiling your own virgin barrel, customizing your stock and finish, riveting your trunnions in place, pulling/fitting all of the barrel components onto location and building/fabricating all of the jigs and tools necessary to complete your first build. . . Once that first one is done, then you should have what it takes to be a full-fledged AK-47 (and variant) armorer as long as you took note of everything you did and lessons/corrections you made along the way.

After that first one, then the next gun you can spit out in a weekend or 4-5 nights of afterwork type projects. your tool investment pays for itself ~half way on #1 and after #2 you are already ahead!Its a world of pleasure!!!

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a thread here on the build process. . . I got 1 response!!! That basically told me that most of the folks that were/are here at that time, are "following the leader" very sheepishly and probably don't have what it takes to complete. But some of y'all might! I certainly learned form some great folks around other forums, but I'd be more than happy to answer ANY questions.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:27 AM   #26

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
Damn right ChevyMan! And if folks had some real Ballz, They'd bust out with a good kit (Hungarian and Polish can be had for less than $200), get a NoDak3 and start getting creative.

AR projects pale in comparison to the satisfaction of building your own AK from parts. You'll gain experience in everything from Headspacing and profiling your own virgin barrel, customizing your stock and finish, riveting your trunnions in place, pulling/fitting all of the barrel components onto location and building/fabricating all of the jigs and tools necessary to complete your first build. . . Once that first one is done, then you should have what it takes to be a full-fledged AK-47 (and variant) armorer as long as you took note of everything you did and lessons/corrections you made along the way.

After that first one, then the next gun you can spit out in a weekend or 4-5 nights of afterwork type projects. your tool investment pays for itself ~half way on #1 and after #2 you are already ahead!Its a world of pleasure!!!

I spent quite a bit of time putting together a thread here on the build process. . . I got 1 response!!! That basically told me that most of the folks that were/are here at that time, are "following the leader" very sheepishly and probably don't have what it takes to complete. But some of y'all might! I certainly learned form some great folks around other forums, but I'd be more than happy to answer ANY questions.
I would build one but I don't have all the tool/ afford the tools its just cheaper for me to do saiga's when kits now a days are 350 for a good kit

Newest Threads