New Zavasta N PAP M70
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New Zavasta N PAP M70

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2043 Times on 1069 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Default New Zavasta N PAP M70

I don't know if we are going to see a run on eastern bloc stuff but I saw an AK that appeals to me at a really good price (for these days) and decided to jump on it $529 + tax. It was down to this or a WASR 10. The NPAPS were better built in every aspect I could see when handling several of each

My understanding is Century buys these from Serbia and adds a nicer Tapco trigger. For wood models they take an existing synthetic stock then remove it. The wood furniture they add looks like pure crap to me. I really have not seen many wood variants that I have liked these days so why not leave well enough alone?

Also I'd like to see if an under folder conversion is available for this. Anybody know of any?

1395277954311.jpg   1395277976951.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #2

Liked 628 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 1682

Good job man. The N-pap is a great AK. It's hard to beat a quality built AK from Zastava.

If you want a folding stock, may I suggest the Chinese side folder? One of the best folding stocks out there, a little expensive tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-20-2014, 01:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
Good job man. The N-pap is a great AK. It's hard to beat a quality built AK from Zastava.

If you want a folding stock, may I suggest the Chinese side folder? One of the best folding stocks out there, a little expensive tho.

I like the look of the side and underfolders....but........not the feel so much.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 49

wrap the butt plate with 550 cord as a makeshift buttpad it works and if done right looks good too

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 03-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #5

Liked 628 Times on 373 Posts
Likes Given: 1682

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
wrap the butt plate with 550 cord as a makeshift buttpad it works and if done right looks good too

+1 on the 550 cord. Makes all the difference in the world.

Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I don't know if we are going to see a run on eastern bloc stuff but I saw an AK that appeals to me at a really good price (for these days) and decided to jump on it $529 + tax. It was down to this or a WASR 10. The NPAPS were better built in every aspect I could see when handling several of each

My understanding is Century buys these from Serbia and adds a nicer Tapco trigger. For wood models they take an existing synthetic stock then remove it. The wood furniture they add looks like pure crap to me. I really have not seen many wood variants that I have liked these days so why not leave well enough alone?

Also I'd like to see if an under folder conversion is available for this. Anybody know of any?
Plain and simple:The rifle seen in the pictures you posted is based on the Zastava M70 B3(but with an AKM trunnion.The B3 was designed with a fixed stock.Anyway:It's all about the receiver.If you want to switch to an underfolder, you have three options:
1)To buy the receiver of a AB3 and replace the B3 receiver.The AB3 is the underfolder version of the B3.It should fit perfectly.
2)To modify the receiver and the rear trunnion of the B3 and by drilling the the openings to mount the underfolding buttstock on it(pretty complicated)
3)Buy a AB3 which has a "native" underlfolding buttstock.Upgrade it.

Last edited by MCalig; 03-30-2014 at 07:57 AM.
chloeshooter Likes This 
Old 03-28-2014, 02:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCalig View Post
Plain and simple:The rifle seen in the pictures you posted is based on the Zastava M70 B3.The B3 was designed with a fixed stock.Anyway:It's all about the receiver.If you want to switch to an underfolder, you have three options:
1)To buy the receiver of a AB3 and replace the B3 receiver.The AB3 is the underfolder version of the B3.It should fit perfectly.
2)To modify the receiver and the rear trunnion of the B3 and by drilling the the openings to mount the underfolding buttstock on it(pretty complicated)
3)Buy a AB3 which has a "native" underlfolding buttstock.Upgrade it.
Thanks. I came to the conclusion that if I want an underfolder I need to buy an underfolder. I'm going to leave this one alone, as I really like the adjustable stock despite it's lack of AK 'cool factor'

Old 03-28-2014, 05:09 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Thanks. I came to the conclusion that if I want an underfolder I need to buy an underfolder. I'm going to leave this one alone, as I really like the adjustable stock despite it's lack of AK 'cool factor'
Good and wise choice.I suggest you to stick to the M70 variants-I suggest you the AB2(underfolder) or the B1(fixed)...they're the best and good for customization.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:46 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2032 Times on 1409 Posts
Likes Given: 1040

Default Price check?

Would anyone consider a new unfired wood-stocked M70 for $600+tax?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Would anyone consider a new unfired wood-stocked M70 for $600+tax?
Sounds interesting.
I have some questions:
-What version of the M70 are we talking about?Can you post some pictures?
-What's the producton/manufacture year?
-How did you get the rifle(Where did you purchase it?Are you the first-hand owner?Do you know the rifle's story?)

Please...send us more info and some pictures.

Thank you in advance,