You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion >

New SKS Identified...Security Forces

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 10:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default New SKS Identified...Security Forces

Hi All,

Not really a C&R, but is a collector of sorts.

This is what came my way, and what I did within the 1st hour. As I've said else where, it's missing the receiver cover and stock, left side arsenal [0141], serial number followed by "KFS ATL GA", right side the 2 CPSF Chinese characters.

Started off putting it in a TS Monty, replaced cover mount with an un-numbered one. Fits great, looks good. Stepped back and thought about it.

So it's an "All matching but..." SF Bubba. Since I'll never get rid of it, I'm going to continue down the path of non permanent tinkering, for a range rifle. It's far too heavy to slug around in the field, and too nice to jolt around as a truck gun. The FSB is coming off complete, to be replaced by one that's had the bayo lug and rod guides neutered then re-blued. Here's some crappy pictures. It is what it is and I'm happy as could be. PAX

New SKS Identified...Security Forces - AK & SKS Discussion

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington), but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them.

Sent from behind the KaliKurtain echo1

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box. Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #2

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

I'm loving that stock!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:38 AM   #3

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Keng's Firearms Specialty SKS - not as common as Norcs or unbranded SKS, but still, if you like the config then that is all that matters.