Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AK & SKS Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   New (I think) Romanian Variant. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f19/new-i-think-romanian-variant-48367/)

FCross7 09-16-2011 11:03 PM

New (I think) Romanian Variant.

Was just browsing through BudsGunShop and came across something I haven't seen or heard of before, and that is the M10-762 imported by M + M Inc. It's imported from Romania, but is quite different than the Wasr-10 that we're all used to. For one, it comes with what appears to be a quad-railed handguard. A front sight that is on the gas block instead of a tower on the barrel, along with a few other nice features. The front sight is in my opinion, kind of good and bad. It's good, because it should alleviate the canted sight problems that are seen in some of the other variants, but at the same time it reduces sight radius by a few inches.

All in all looks like a pretty nice rifle and is pretty close to what I would do to a Wasr anyhow, so it would save me a good deal of money. And the other nice thing, it only costs $499.99 on buds, so it's not too much more than any of the other baseline variants.

Here's the link:
M10-762 Semi-Auto AK Style Rifle 7.62x39 $499.00 SHIPS FREE

Sorry if it isn't actually new and has been around a while, but I'd never heard of it and did a search on the forum and nothing came up.

-Fred

towboater 09-16-2011 11:28 PM

Seems to be a good deal to me.

7.62 Man 09-17-2011 06:08 AM

Nice looking gun!

Toll13 09-17-2011 06:24 AM

Must...buy...

mjkeat 09-17-2011 01:44 PM

I've been staring at an online shopping cart w/ this rifle in it for the last couple days yet haven't pulled the trigger yet. I can't seem to make up my mind.

AK's are a different animal when you're an AR guy.

nfafan 09-26-2011 04:11 AM

Made by the Cugir group - probably with a bit more QC than the WASRs they make for Century.

7.62 Man 10-08-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 581632)
I've been staring at an online shopping cart w/ this rifle in it for the last couple days yet haven't pulled the trigger yet. I can't seem to make up my mind.

AK's are a different animal when you're an AR guy.

Go ahead and pull that trigger you won't be sorry!
You will be able to get back into shooting with the cheap priced AK ammo.
If you get real courageous you could even learn to bump fire.

mjkeat 10-09-2011 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7.62 Man (Post 596707)
Go ahead and pull that trigger you won't be sorry!
You will be able to get back into shooting with the cheap priced AK ammo.
If you get real courageous you could even learn to bump fire.

I can shoot 5.56 Russian steal out of my ARs for as much or cheaper than 7.63x39 and bump firing is a waste of ammo and time IMO. I just don't like to waste ammo on bump firing when I can improve my shooting.

I'm still debating the M10. I really like the Draco gas block. They say it takes a lot of weight off of the muzzle.

Kabraxis 10-09-2011 02:12 AM

damn, that seems to be a good deal to me. i dont know much about AK's but id buy it for only $500. cheaper then my BE 9mm was...

FCross7 10-09-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 596861)
I can shoot 5.56 Russian steal out of my ARs for as much or cheaper than 7.63x39 and bump firing is a waste of ammo and time IMO. I just don't like to waste ammo on bump firing when I can improve my shooting.

I'm still debating the M10. I really like the Draco gas block. They say it takes a lot of weight off of the muzzle.

Rifle Dynamics' website really talks them up. While I like them and I'm sure it does lighten it up, I just don't see how it could lighten them up THAT much. All your doing is removing the FSB. But then again, I don't know all that much about AK's so maybe it does a lot more than it look.

-Fred