Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AK & SKS Discussion > New Club SKS member!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default New Club SKS member!!

Ok so I have wanted one for about 15 years, but have never bought one(even though I should have many years ago when I could get them for 469 a throw at pawn shops where I was stationed in the Army). I got myself a Norinco. I want to somewhat age it and see what type I have but everything I have seen on the internet is very confusing. I would post pics but have no idea how to? I will tell you this, it has no bayonet, but it does have the nounts, I believe it is a late version with stamped trigger gaurd. Very good stock condition, cleaning kit minus the cleaing rod. Matching #'s. It has no Chinese letters on the side but does have what looks like a triangle made of at least 2 A's . If I figure out how to get pics I will, otherwise any help would be great. I do know that I payed a little more than I wanted but they seem to be getting a little scarce up here and the prices going up a bit anyhow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #2

Ok I guess nobody knows what I am talking about, thanks anyhow. But does anyone know of a good web site or even a book that has dating and marking info on SKS rifles!! Thanks in advance for any help!!! Aagain i didnt buy it to put in a collection to be rich someday, just would like to know a little about it is all.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:17 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiski900 View Post
Ok so I have wanted one for about 15 years, but have never bought one(even though I should have many years ago when I could get them for 469 a throw at pawn shops where I was stationed in the Army)...
I know the 4 key is also the $ key, so I assume you mean $69 and NOT $469...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawiski900 View Post
...I got myself a Norinco. I want to somewhat age it and see what type I have but everything I have seen on the internet is very confusing...
You mean that you want to date the firearm, not age it right? Usually when people talk about aging something, they usually refer to a new stock or a repair on a firearm. Like, using a set of washers or keys on a stock repair to add "age" to it, matching the rest of the old warhorse...

By the way, welcome to the club! I love my sks and you will, too!

Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 AM   #4

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Ok so typing is not the best thing that i do!!!

Yes it was $69.00 and yes I want to date it!!!

Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 PM   #5

Default Dating SKS

Check Survivors SKS Boards Lots of info

Old 02-19-2009, 04:12 AM   #6

You are right, very great site!!!! Thanks that is what i was looking for!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #7

i have the same gun as you and recently bought it, works fine, nevr had it jam..it only wont shoot evry now and then when you get a dud shell. Im not sure what you are talking about as far as aging it.

Old 03-19-2009, 03:22 AM   #8

I gues I would just like to know how old it is. I mean is it very new as far as SKS's go or is it in the middle? I know it is not a very early model but it would be fun to know the round about year it was made.

I did get out to shoot it the other day, WOW!!! What and awsome weapon!!! It was very smooth and very accurate!!! I could not be more happy to have bought it!!!